Phase 3.4

Jimin's POV

"Those numskulls made a fine mess of it last night at the church too. Right in front of a group of villagers, they dropped an old ornamental jar into a jug full of holy water." Anna told us. "Why would they do that?" I asked her. "The logic of drunkards escapes me. They were even laughing at how these people treasure such beat-up old crap. Even though they'd love it if it were retro..." We went back to the festival and I went to take some local candy they were giving away for free and brought some for Yoongi. "Here, I got some festival sweets." "Ready?" Some villagers asked as they threw hazel nuts, not sure if they were hazel nuts but they looked like them. "What? Ouch!" the nuts hit us too and I covered Yoongi. "Ow!" "Who's that?" Yoongi asked as he pointed out to a direction. "It's Alan." I answered him.

"So he's still curious about the festival despite everything he said. Oh, I wonder what this means." I said as I took the nuts off my coat. The parade of the summer army and the winter army continued. "Ooh! Isn't that Ambrose? He looks so cool!" "Burn, Winter Man, and disappear from this world!" Ambrose said as he set the winter army cart on fire. But things didn’t go as they had planned. "What's that?!" The villagers said. "The paper-mache is...!" I said loudly. "Move it! Move it!" Ambrose said as he ran towards the cart and knocked it with his body to make the paper-mache fall. "Water!" when they put out the fire on the burning paper-mache… everyone could see the human hand. The burnt mask broke into half and the man's face showed. "Alan!" "Alan..." "This was an accident. To disrupt the festival and prank us, he probably took the place of the paper-mache stuffing. What a foolish guest." The Elder said.

"That's ridiculous!" Dan yelled. "Elder Robert, that can't be possible. This young man was passing through while the maidens were throwing hazelnuts. And people were gathered in the square, so it's quite a stretch to say he took the place of..." Ambrose reasoned. "Talkativeness is the sin of a fool." Elder Robert scolded Ambrose "I beg your forgiveness." Ambrose said. "We cannot afford to cancel the summer solstice festival. We have a ceremony at the church soon, so you'll excuse me." Elder Robert said as he walked away. "Wait! Hey! Hey!" Dan yelled.

Both me and Yoongi went back to the square where the festival continued. "How can they continue the festival after someone just died? The people of this village really are strange after all. Right, Yoongi?" I said. I didn’t hear him agree or anything so I turned to his side. "Huh? Yoongi?" Yoongi was gone. I searched for him among the crowd but he wasn’t there. He was missing. "You'll protect me, won't you?" I remembered what Yoongi told me. But this was the opposite. I had to protect him but he was gone.

It was already near dusk when I stopped in front of the church to search for Yoongi. It's been hours and I still can't find him. I went inside the church hoping he was there but there was no sign of him too. "Jimin, did you come to ask about the future too?" Ambrose came and asked me. "The future?" "The Summer Army had its victory, and an abundant harvest has been promised. So we have church until this evening. The church is a side entrance to the afterlife. It is the passage through which our ancestors come home to view our bountiful harvest. But before that, after the spirits of our ancestors reach our world, they speak through the mouth of the Elder and answer the children's questions. Jimin, you're already here, so..." Ambrose said. "U-Um, I'm looking for Yoongi..." but what I said was useless. Ambrose pulled me towards the room to get my fortune. "W-Wait, Ambrose!" "Who are you?" Elder Robert asked. "Er, I'm looking for Yoongi..."

"Then you have nothing to worry about." "Huh?" "That boy is different from you. So what do you want to ask?" "Actually, I have a friend... Can I really be with Yoongi...forever, from now onwards?" "You won't die together. Years from now...a gale strong enough to shake the world will blow. Your bodies are light...That gale will surely separate the two of you. However...your hearts will never be apart." The Elder said. "Our hearts... Does that mean..." I was about to ask but "Next!" he cut me off. Sigh. I walked outside the church and leaned on the wall and thought of what the Elder said.

"We'll be separated..." I heard some footsteps and looked up to see Yoongi coming out of the church. "Yoongi! You were here too?" I looked at him and he had tears in his eyes. "W-What did you ask?" "I asked if I'd grow." "Grow? What do you mean?" "My height." "Your height?!" "W-What the hell?!" "You have no idea what I... Sheesh, whatever!" "Why are you so angry?" "I can't believe you left without telling me. Where were you until now?!" "The study."

Yoongi's POV

I left Jimin at the festival and went to the house to find out more about Eunsong. "Eomma..." I needed to find out more about her. "Wicked Eunsong!" Huh? When I looked up, the weird maid was going to stab me but she had no knife or dagger in her hand. "Elder Theodore was murdered this way with a dagger thrust through his upper back from behind. Even the design of the dagger was burned into my mind. Elder Theodore was an adult. Eunsong was a 15-year-old girl. Their heights were different too." "That's right. It's impossible for a child who can't even reach the person's back to bury a dagger to its hilt there." "Wicked Eunsong... That unclean soul... But what if... no..." the weird maid said and walked out of the study.  "There's another culprit. You think so too, don't you? The wellspring of wisdom spoke to me. All of the pieces have just been reconstructed!"

Jimin's POV

"Reconstructed? Then you know who the killer is?!" I said after listening to what Yoongi told me. "Even if I do, there's no way to prove it." Yoongi said. Just then, we heard wolves howl. "Are the wolves coming?" The elder said as he ran out of the church. "Even if someone dies... Even if the wolves come... I won't allow the summer solstice festival to be canceled!" He said as he took Ambrose's gun and ran towards the hills. "Let's follow them!" "Yoongi!" "I can't hear the wolves howling anymore, can you?" just then we heard some bushes rustling "There!" the Elder said and pointed the gun in that direction. "No! Don't do it!" Yoongi warned him but it was too late. "I shot one dead, Ambrose!" "That's the second victim, Jimin." Yoongi said. When we got there, there wasn’t any dead wolf. Instead there was Nat shot right into his heart.
-----------------------------------------
PARK FREAKING JIMIN DROPPED HIS SELF COMPOSED SONGGGGGG OMG

-----------------------------------------PARK FREAKING JIMIN DROPPED HIS SELF COMPOSED SONGGGGGG OMG

I have been editing the chapter while listening to the song on repeat. Its really good. I read some of the tweets on twitter about the meaning of the song and it reminded me to be positive.. i had been doing the opposite thing for some time. Thank you Jimin for this song 💜

🎉🎉Happy New Year Everyone!🎉🎉