Prologue

Maria

*

            "Are you sure about this?" I asked him again. "With all the trouble you're in now I don't think it's wise do go to a deal all by yourself."

            "I'm not going to be by myself hija," my papi said. "I'm going to have my best guards with me."

            "Papi...I have a bad feeling about this. I think you should just stay home. This deal isn't that important."

            "You really think your old man, Parca, can be taken out like that? You have no faith in me child. I'm tougher than I look hija. You worry too much. How about this? When I get back why don't we go on a family vacation? Anywhere you and your sisters want to go. How does that sound?"

            "Can you even afford to leave with your empire in a fragile state?"

            "After this deal everything will align itself. With this meeting, I'll know what needs to be done and we won't have to worry about it anymore. I promise."

            I still had my doubts. But I knew I couldn't stop him. "Okay papi. Promise me you'll be careful and come back to us."

            He smiled. "Of course hija. I wouldn't leave my beautiful daughters all alone." He kissed my head and turned to leave out of his office. "Shouldn't take longer than a few hours. Don't wait up for me."

            "Okay. Love you papi," He smiled at me before closing the door. Who knew that would've been the last time I get to see that smile? Who knew that I would never get to see my papi walk through the door ever again? That was the first and last promise my papi ever broken. He promised to be careful. He said he wouldn't leave us all alone. But I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Hey everyone! Welcome all new readers! I hope you all enjoy the comedy, drama and character traits in this story. The first two books of the series are completed so you'll see the updates for those come faster than the other books. Hope you all will stand with me throughout the whole process!

Also welcome any old readers of the BGBP version. I ask that you keep all spoilers to yourselves for anyone who may not have had a chance to start or finish the old version of this story. There are going to be some noticeable changes as you read on (one being this prologue) so I hope you enjoy this as much as the last one. Leave me lots of votes and comments loves!