Chapter 48

Maria POV

*

We were all at my house chilling. Drew convinced Tanisha to stay with him since he has plenty of room. They're cute or whatever. And I know she can put Drew in his place when needed.

"Y'all we should be on some squad shit tomorrow," Selena said. "We should wear like the same thing and rep our shit."

"How are we going to do that? We don't have like a gang name or colors," Box said. "Wait why don't we have a name?"

"I don't think we ever talked about this," Dallas said. "We did what we did and didn't think of a name."

"We can make one up right now. It would only take a day or two for shirts to be made." Everyone liked the idea. We spent a while debating over names. This is hard as fuck to be honest. Trying to find a name that represents your set and let niggas know where we are.

"How about PGS? Parca's G-Set? But only we will know what PGS stands for," Speed said. "We know y'all don't want any of your old man's problems following you so we can keep it from everyone." We all thought about it. Everyone knew to fear papi and papi created the gang. This could be us honoring him.

"I like it," we all agreed. "We should have a symbol or something."

"How about this?" I lifted my shirt to show them the tattoo on my back. It's fairly new. It's the same tattoo papi had and loved so much. It was a coin with 'kill or be killed' at the top. In the middle was a smoking gun with prickly vines around the handle of the gun. At the bottom of the coin was the same thing just in Spanish.

"When did you get that?" Dallas asked.

"Couple days ago. Papi loved this tattoo. I went to the person who did his and they were excited to do it again."

"That shit is nice," Chance nodded. "I'm down with it and we should all get that tattoo. That would be fly as fuck." As we talked more and more about it the more we liked it. This is going to be awesome.

Sophia POV

*

Back to school we go. We decided to show up extra late, like basically lunch period where everyone was going to be. I wanted to get extra cute since I'm going to be seen for the first time with Keion. Lord I love saying that name. Keion. Keion. Keion. Yes lord I can't wait. I know it's silly to be this jumpy when we've been seen with the guys before but this is different. We're telling everybody that two more of the most wanted guys in school are off the market.

"Ready?" Selena popped her head into my room.

"Almost," I said double checking to make sure my hair was straight. I decided to flat iron it to be bone straight, just to switch it up. "It's going to be a lot more drama."

"Yeah," her excitement died down. "But we knew this wouldn't be easy. Remember to smile and wave to the haters."

"Are you two ready?" Maria came in with Santi on her hip. We paid extra to get him the same outfit. We don't even plan on staying in school long. We're gonna hit up the town a little to show ourselves off. Maria stared at me. "You're straightening your hair."

"Yeah," I said nervously. I don't really do this too often because of all the work I have to put in for it. "How do I look?"

"Perfect," she smiled. "My sisters are all grown up. Felt like yesterday we were all still waking up every morning crying. We were all on our own and I kept wondering if papi made the mistake of letting me protect you. I failed so many times to keep you safe. It felt like every decision I made ended up being the worst possible outcome. But putting all the bullshit aside, I think we did pretty good all on our own."