Chapter 15

Maria POV

*

I'm just sitting here watching Dallas lose his top. I'm ready to go home and go to sleep. My little five minute trip to the trap was extended by like six hours. I came to check on the money and drugs. I found out that we're missing over fifty grand worth of drugs. I know because money isn't adding up. I told Dallas and now he's pacing and threatening everybody.

"Are you sure none of the D boys came up short?" he asked me for the hundredth time. Ask again motherfucker. I'll deck him in his eye next.

"For the thousandth time, yes I'm sure. I counted all of their money three times. They're all cleared. One or some of your hoes are sneaking drugs out."

"How the fuck are they getting it out? I've got people searching them."

"We probably got a worm," Box said. "That's the only way the drugs are going missing. Now we've got to figure out what to do."

"We first have to figure out who's stealing from me." I got up and started heading towards the door. "Where are you going?"

"Home. I've got a baby and two sisters to take care of. Just call me if you need me." As I left I paid close attention to these hoes. One girl was coming out of the bathroom. Nothing seemed out of place. I'm tired right now so I'm not at my full capacity. Tomorrow I'll be more aware.

*

*

*

*

Am I hearing shit? I can't be right? There's no mistaking it. Someone's in my house. I can hear movement downstairs. They broke one of my dining room windows too. That's the only window in the house that can be broken easily.

"Fuck!" I don't have time for anything. I snuck out of bed and crawled to Sophia's room. I put my hand over her mouth to keep her quiet. "Don't speak. Just go to my room and get in the closet." She nodded and slowly climbed out of bed. Next was Selena. I had to be even more careful since I was in direct eye-line with downstairs. I did the same with her. "Get up and go in my closet. Do not make a sound." She nodded.

"Maria what's wrong?" Sophia sounded scared. I know my sisters and I know they're going to panic.

"Someone's in the house." I grabbed my gun from a shelf. I had Santi lying on the floor on a little pad. I'm always prepared. "Do not make a noise and do not leave this closet do you understand me?"

"Let us help you," Selena said.

"No."

"But Maria-"

"I said no," I gritted my teeth. "I have a pretty good idea on what's going to happen once I go down there. And if that's the case then I need you all to be safe. I need you to protect Santi with your lives."

"We can't let you do this alone," Sophia said. "You're our sister. We have to stay together. We have to protect each other."

"If you two get caught with me who's going to protect Santi? Just do as I say." They were going to cry so that is why I have to do what I have to in order to keep them safe. I pistol whooped them and they were out like a light. I kissed all of them before closing and locked the closet door.

"Papi give me the strength I need to protect our family," I prayed. If this was who I thought it was, I needed all the luck I could get. I put on some shoes because I had a feeling I would need to run. I slowly crept along to the stairs. I guess they were all still downstairs.