Chapter 49

Maria POV (1 day before prom)

*

Ugh! Lord knows I don't have the patience for this. At first I was like fuck prom because I don't get the point of it really. I mean, spending all this money on a dress that you're only going to wear once? Not very appealing. But Kyng practically begged me to go so I decided why not. And he's been pestering me to call him Kyng more rather than Dallas.

But if I knew it would be this much hassle I would've just kept saying no. It's the day before prom and I still haven't gotten a dress. I'm really just about to get whatever dress I see and call it a day.

"What about this one?" Sophia held up a pink thing. They're the ones looking. I'm on my phone playing Candy Crush Soda Saga. Stupid ass chocolate things.

"Nah she don't like pink remember?" Selena went through this rack of clothes.

"Yeah but she didn't like Dallas at first but look where they are now," Sophia joked.

"Ha ha so funny bitch," I rolled me eyes. "We've been at this for over five hours. At this point I'll wear hot pink, yellow, orange, anything now pick a dress and let's go."

"No," they both said. Kyng paid them off somehow. These bitches won't let me leave like oh my god.

"Come on I miss my baby," I pouted. I haven't seen Santi since last night. Kyng took him this morning before I got up. Everyone else is at school while we shop. Bitches.

"He's at school he'll see you once we're done."

"That could take all day," I whined. I just wanna go home and cuddle with my baby.

"Well then it's time you get off your ass and help us."

"Ever since y'all been getting dick you ain't know how to act," I said loudly walking to the other side of the store. They cussed at me in Spanish. Ole grown asses. I spent another hour looking through these clothes and I was getting agitated.

"Found one!" Selena ran to me with this big puffy ass dress. "Go try it on. Chop chop!" I sucked my teeth and went to try it on. I have to admit. It looks pretty good on me. "Come out so I can see you." Selena is about two seconds away from getting smacked. I walked out and her eyes lit up. "Oh my god Maria yes! That dress is so you." I looked at the tag and almost passed out. This dress was over three hundred dollars. I know I have pretty expensive taste but I would not pay this much for something I would only wear once. But like I said Kyng is paying for all of this. "You go ahead and take that off while we go get you some shoes and accessories."

"When the hell did you become my parent?" I walked back into the dressing room.

"When you became completely clueless about prom." Bitches.

~Day of prom~

"You look beautiful you guys," Selena gushed. She was taking endless pictures of us. Is this how it is with everyone's prom? "And so do I!" She took a selfie of herself.

"Alright bitch," I mugged her. She sucked her teeth. "Them niggas here yet?"

"I look so fat," Nakiya cried. "I don't wanna go." Tanisha and Selena babied her emotional ass.

"This is going to be a long night," I shook my head.

Dallas POV

*

Boy I was nervous as fuck. I know Maria didn't want anything to do with prom but I wanted to do something special for her. We don't go out on dates like other couples. We're always home chillin watching movies or at the trap or we're with Santi. I know that's what it means to be a parent but she needs to have fun every once in a while. And high school is almost over. We won't get many chances like these to enjoy our youth.