Chapter 18

Maria POV

*

Guess who goes back to school today. Me! Someone kill me now. It's been three days since the kidnapping fiasco and Dallas refuses to let us back home until they catch Sisqo. Apparently, word on the street is he had a secret escape route and now he's in the wind. He hasn't been to a hospital since Dallas got people all over looking for him.

"Y'all ready?" Dallas came down happy as hell.

"Fuck you," I said walking out of his house. Yeah he has us staying with him. The problem is I gotta wake up earlier just to get Santi to school. I heard him laughing behind me. I threw a glare over my shoulder at him while he just smiled goofily.

After the hospital we did get a bit closer to one another. I was actually beginning to think I felt a smidge of trust towards him. I know what little I said left him with questions but he's surprisingly hasn't been asking about my life like I thought he would. Especially finding out my dad was in the drug business like he is.

~

"Welcome back Ms. Hernandez," Mr. Sexy said to me when I came into his office. "What happened to you?"

"I was getting a mirror installed in my room and the people who did it screwed up so it fell and glass caught me. They're redoing it for free," I lied easily. He took the excuse and gave me my pass to detention. At least I can catch a few Z's.

*

*

*

"I heard Tamia and her crew are trying to get back at those sisters," I hear while trying to sleep. Lord people just wanna fuck with me all types of way. "I heard their face was so swollen they were too ashamed to come back to school."

"I would be to. You run up on someone and lost for the second time and your girls get dragged by a couple of under classmen? Shit I'd change schools."

"Can y'all kindly shut the fuck up?" I told them. They quickly shut their yaps. Thank God. Now I can finally sleep.

Dallas POV

*

          "Yo?" I answered my phone. I was currently chilling in the living room watching TV. I've had to keep it easy since I got shot which I'm cool with because I get to be around Maria. I've been pretty happy to say the least. Maria had finally opened up to me and even if what she said raised more questions, it was a sign letting me know we were finally getting somewhere.

          "We got him," Tyson said. "Sisqo. We got him at the trap."

          "Word? I'll be there in a little while."

          "Alright. We gotta talk though. Something's been bugging me for a while."

          "Iight. See you when we get there." I wonder what's up with Tyson. Guess it doesn't matter right now. It took almost two weeks but shit caught up with Sisqo. We've finally got his ass. It's a bittersweet kind of feeling though. I mean I can get him back for what he did to Maria but at the same time I'm going to miss her when she leaves. But she's been giving me serious attitude ever since I put her on lockdown so I guess it is time for her to go. I actually find it funny but she doesn't. "Maria," I walked into my room. This is where I've been making her sleep the past couple of weeks. She was lying in bed while Santi played on his tablet.

"What bastardo?" So mean for no reason.

"We found Sisqo."

"So I can go home?" she popped up quick.