Chapter 50

Maria POV

*

I watched as our senior advisor ran around in a panic. It's funny to watch. We're ten minutes away from starting and we're missing the hoe squad. I didn't think those hoes would ever graduate but whatever. As long as I get my diploma I didn't give a fuck about anybody else.

"Come on Maria," Tanisha said grabbing my arm and pulling me out of my comfortable seat. "We're taking pictures." I followed behind her to the guys.

"Hey baby," Kyng hugged me around my waist. "Nervous?"

I looked at him crazy. "The hell I look like being nervous? Fuck around my ass run the fuck out once I get my diploma." They laughed and I'm being serious. "Let's take these pictures so I can relax a bit."

We had a graduating class of about two hundred students. For whatever reason they asked me to speak. They said it's because I was a popular favorite among the students. I don't know why I'm their favorite but I did it. I shared a few moments that made everyone laugh. It was a freestyle speech and there's already an ass of people we have to get through to get diplomas so I kept it short. After about an hour and a half we were lining up to receive our diplomas.

Tyson POV

*

Wow. I'm still in shock that not only did I made it to this point but I get to graduate. It was always hard for me to deal with school because of my mental illness. There were days where coming to school was a chore. I couldn't get the work done most of the time because of either my illness acting up or the medicine I take. But I made it. And that's all because of my twin. She helped me with my school work to pull my grades up to be able to see this day. She was the reason the whole squad can see this day. I can't believe I'm about to prove everybody wrong who thought I'd drop out, flunk out, or die in these streets. Middle finger to the haters.

Box POV

*

I'm happy I get to see this day and hoping my parents are proud of my right now. They died in a car crash leaving me by myself. Dallas had just started out in the game and got me into it too so I could survive. It was because of Speed and his peoples that I had a place call home again for a short period of time. But they're not the only ones to help me see this day. Maria being the hard ass got me here too with all the help she was giving me. Sophia helped too before we fell off. That's how you know we're more than friends. Friends encourage you, family helps you.

Speed POV

*

Man I'm glad I'm out this bitch. School ain't for me but I stuck it out because I know my momma would be proud to see me walk out of high school with my diploma. It was a long time coming but I did it. Man this is a good feeling.

Dallas POV

*

I worked hard to get to where I am today. Education was always my number one priority. All my moms ever wanted was for me to be successful and get an education. I did that. Having Santi in my life just made my ambition kick into overdrive. I don't want him growing up thinking its cool to not get an education. I don't want him ending up like me. But I already know things happen and he may or may not be like us.

Drew POV

*

I'm pretty sure everyone doubted me ever getting here. I doubted myself too. I had no one to teach me, encourage me, none of that until I met the squad. My best friend came and saved my crazy ass from flunking my senior year. Now that I'm here it's like a dream. Now, how am I gonna walk across this stage? Everyone is always jigging, doing the Dougie, or nae nae. I have to be different.

Chase POV

*

I'm proud of these little niggas. Lots of people think that if you're a street nigga then you're probably dumb or have no education. But the entire squad is graduating and proving that wrong. I graduated young but I didn't have any family to see me walk across that stage. I'm glad I could be here for these niggas. I'm mostly glad to see they were able to give her what she's been missing all this time.

Chance POV

*

I came down here in hopes of getting paid and starting over. I was trying to get my money up so I could find Maria and the girls. Get them out of whatever shit storm Parca left behind and protect them. And then, by chance, I ran into Sophia. I was able to connect with them again. Now here we are. Just a few short months later we've created a family bond and made it. I wouldn't trade them for anybody. Even those hot headed ass niggas.

Tanisha POV

*

I always knew I was going to make it out of school and go to college. I thought I had to do it on my own. But I met some people who are more family than my real family. I love these guys for saving me. They taught me you don't have to do it alone. Not anymore.

Nakiya POV

*

I know being pregnant and in college is going to be hard but I'll do it. I have the most amazing support system to help me. The greatest boyfriend willing to keep our child in order to see me reach my dreams. I love these guys. I can't wait to start the new chapter in my life.

Maria POV

*

All I can say is that I'm happy to make my papi proud. I know he's smiling down on me. Regardless of everything I did to get here, regardless of the mistakes I made, I know he's proud I'm doing everything in my power to keep my family safe. Proud that someone derailed my plans and forced happiness in my life.

The names were being called. "Andrew Ancrum." Drew got up on stage and started doing the shoot dance. Everyone turned up because he was actually killing it. "Keion Anderson." I could hear Sophia screaming from here. Young love. "Tanisha Green." I screamed for my girl. "Maria Hernandez." The place went up in an uproar.

"That's my future wife y'all!" Bro this dude is so embarrassing.

"Tyreek Holmes. Nakiya Meggett. Kyngston Montegue. Tyson Riley." Took forever before we got to the last person. "I present to you your class of 2015 graduates. Make us proud 2015."

Selena POV

*

I'm so proud of these guys like for real. Had me in tears and screaming like a maniac. Jay and Jade came with Santi. We took endless pictures. "Selena," Tyreek came to me smiling with a woman behind him. "This my mom. Momma this is my girlfriend Selena."

"Nice to meet you," I went to shake her hand but she hugged me instead. "These are my sisters." I pulled Sophia and Maria over to meet them. "And my nephew Santiago." We all mingled a little, took lots more pictures and then headed to eat. All that's left now is Santi's birthday next week and then summer vacation.