Chapter 11

Maria POV

*

The guys stayed until after one. I made them do so because they made a mess in my damn living room. We woke up earlier than usual because we have business to handle. They're skipping school today, while I'm still on suspension, because Dallas wants us to get started as soon as possible. I'm pretty knowledgeable in this line of business but not Selena or Sophia. What little they do know is what little I told them.

"Do you think we made a mistake?" Sophia asked. We were in the dining room eating. Santi went back to sleep on the couch after eating. "Not telling the truth that is."

"It's for the best," I said.

"For who? They're our friends and they have the right to know-"

"No Selena!" I didn't mean to get loud or scare them. "Just because we're joining them doesn't make them our friends. It just makes us allies. We still don't know them that well. We'll just be on the run again if we tell them without getting to know them some more."

"I'm sorry," Selena put her head down. "I was hoping we can finally live."

"I'm sorry Selena. It's just too dangerous. Not now. Give it some time." There was a knock on the door. "That's probably Dallas. Y'all ready?" They nodded. We're all wearing camo shorts and black shirts with matching converses. I picked up a fussy Santi and got his bag. Sophia and Selena began cleaning up the kitchen. "Come in Dallas."

"You need to keep your door locked." I shrugged. Sophia and Selena were done. "Y'all ready for this?"

"As ready as we'll ever be."

Dallas POV

*

I really hope they're ready for this. I want them to be. They'll be essential to the team. And me working up close and personal with their sexy ass older sister has nothing to do with it....that much anyways. The ride to the trap was quiet. I know Selena and Sophia are nervous. Maybe Maria is nervous for them. I pulled up behind Tyson's car. I hope him and Maria don't go at it.

I led the way inside. I did the secret knock. "Wassup boss?" Bruce is my door guard. He's really big and I've seen him handle about ten niggas at once. "You here early. Ain't you got school?"

"We got some new recruits." He looked at the girls. His stared lingered on Maria. He bet not be thinking what I think he's thinking.

"I know you from somewhere," he said narrowing his eyes. I looked from the two suspiciously.

"I just have one of those faces," Maria said. "Unless you've seen me these past few weeks you don't know me. I just moved here."

He stared at her a bit more. "You're...probably right. My mistake. Go on in."

I eyed them both suspiciously. "The guys downstairs?"

"Yeah." He looked at Maria once more before looking straight ahead. My suspicions are beginning to rise a bit more.

We walked in and went through the packing area. This is where the workers pack everything up. They were all females just half naked. The dudes like that. "Hoe my god close your eyes children. Inverted pussy everywhere." I laughed at that. Maria is crazy. We went down a few stairs to the gun range.

"What's up fellas?" we all greeted each other. "Okay y'all this is what's going to happen. We going to see how you can handle guns. We'll see which ones you work with best, how fast you can reload, and how your aim is. Normally we'd let y'all go a few rounds with someone first to see how well you can fight and well we already know y'all can handle your own. Got it?"