Chapter 25

Selena POV

*

I'm so worried and mad right now. I thought that if we joined Dallas's gang it meant we had some form of security but right now it's looking like we were better off on our own. This is the second time Maria has been put into a life and death situation and I can't help but feel it's our fault. She knew better than to get dragged into this lifestyle again after everything we've been put through and the only reason she did so was because we pressured her into it. She knew this life better than we did and we made it seem like we had all the answers.

"Maria Hernandez?" the doctor came out. All of us stood up and headed his way. "She had multiple gun shot wounds to her chest, stomach and one in her leg. During surgery there was a minor mishap and she lost some blood but she's fine as of right now." I finally let go of the breath I was holding. Thank goodness.

"Can we see her?" I asked.

"Two at a time."

Sophia and I went first. Maria was lying in bed bandaged up and wires and tubs coming out of her body. I broke down crying at the sight. "No llores Selena. Todavía estoy aquí. No voy a dejar que ustedes. Prometo. (Don't cry Selena. I'm still here. I'm not leaving you guys. I promise.)"

"Casi te perdimos María. ¿Qué haríamos sin ti? No podemos hacer esto sin ti. (We almost lost you Maria. What would we do without you? We can't do this without you.)" I was crying uncontrollably.

"Va a estar bien. Todo va a estar bien. (It's going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay.)"

Maria POV

*

This pain ain't no joke I'm telling you. I had to stay in this boring ass hospital for a whole week. With all the days I'm missing it'll be a miracle that I graduate on time. The wound in my leg wasn't all that bad that I needed crutches but it did hurt like hell to walk. The whole gang came to see me, well almost all of them. "Where's Dallas?"

Sophia rolled her eyes. "Who cares? He's the reason you almost died." I'm in too much pain to argue with her right now so I stayed quiet. I know she's right to a degree. If he had just listened to us a lot of this could've been avoided. Even knowing that, I don't hate him. I mean it's not like any of this would've been avoided. Ole girl was gunning for us from the start. She had a vendetta against us since we killed her brother.

"At least I can be on bedrest for a few weeks." Long ass time right? The pain medicine they got me on makes me extremely tired and I won't be able to walk too much until my snitches heal anyways. So no school. Just me in a big ass house all alone. How fucking great. I'll probably go back to school sooner than that though.

Dallas POV

*

It's been about two weeks since that kidnapping thing and the whole gang is giving me the cold shoulder. I mean I know I fucked up but they're still supposed to be my boys. I guess I can't blame them. What I did and said not only fucked with our friendship but our money as well. And the thought of Maria almost dying weighed heavily on my mind. She really could've died and it's all my fault.

Speaking of her, oddly enough she's been trying to reach out to me for some time. She would text and call trying to talk. I want to but I can't. I almost got her killed for my stupidity. I also fucked up the little bit of trust she had in me by calling her out of her name. I spoke on a subject I know nothing about and ended up proving to her why she shouldn't trust people. I can't face her after this.

My house was being fixed from all the damages so I'm staying in my back up home. It's not all that big but it works. I'm going to go hit up the mall today or something. Nothing else to do. It's a Friday but I don't feel like school. Not much fun without any friends.

Sexy Mamacita: Can you please stop ignoring me you black SOB?!!

I sighed and decided to text her back.

Papi Chulo: What's good ma?

Sexy Mamacita: Took your ugly ass long enough.

I laughed at that. It's amazing she can still make me laugh when I feel like total shit. For the first time in weeks I felt just a little bit better.

Papi Chulo: Why I got to be all that?

Sexy Mamacita: You know why. Get me something to eat.

Papi chulo: Whatchu want ma

Sexy Mamacita: 🍕🌭🍔🍟🥙🌮🥗🍤🥞🥓🍳

Papi chulo:  😒 seriously? Pick one

Sexy mamacita: Okay just the burger and fries

Papi chulo: Okay I gotchu

I guess my plans have changed. It feels good talking to someone who's gonna talk back. I went to the McDonald's up the street to get her some food. I didn't feel like waiting in the drive thru so I parked on the far side of the parking lot. I was checking some messages when I noticed a shadow creeping around my car.

"The fuck?" Next thing all I heard was BANG BANG! People ran away screaming. I felt an intense pain and was met by darkness. If it's not one thing it's another.