Chapter 38

Dallas POV

*

Today is the day I finally take Maria and Santi to meet my family. There's a family get together today so this is the best time for us to go. Maria is still getting over what happened with Selena but she got her a therapist to talk about it. I'm paying a lot for this therapist too so hopefully this is helping Selena in some way.

"Babe are you ready?" Maria can take forever to get ready depending on the situation but she normally doesn't take too long.

"Yeah," she had just put in her earrings. We decided to match. Nothing fancy really. Some ripped jeans and plain white shirts. Me and my little man were wearing Timberland boots and Maria had the heels thanks to me. I bought these outfits specifically for this. I stared at her and Santi with his curly hair. "What are you staring at?" she smirked at me.

"My sexy ass family, got a problem with it?" she smirked at me and gave me Santi's bag. "You good?" I know she's still pulling it together ever since she found out about Selena's past. She nodded but didn't give me direct eye contact. "You know you can talk to me ma."

"Yeah," she said. "Just not now papi." She carried Santi to my car. I guess she's just trying to clear her mind for today. I'm not going to pressure her. I just wanted her to know she didn't have to do it all alone anymore. She's got family now so we can all handle the weight together.

Maria POV

*

I've been saving face like always to be the strong one. I had to be there even more with Selena because she's scared I don't love her anymore. I can't believe this asshole. I wouldn't like anything better than for him to die but I know him, too well. If he finds out about us, we're as good as dead. He now has the power of papi's sindicate and even if Dallas is strong he isn't strong enough to go full out war. Especially when the empire is in complete chaos right now. Our best bet is to wait until things cool down, build our set up and then try to fight. Papi would agree that's the best way to handle a stronger opponent.

"We're here." We pulled up to this pretty big house. Nowhere near the size of Dallas's but still pretty big. There were a lot of cars in the driveway and lining the streets. "Nervous?" he smirked at me.

"Boy please, get my son."

"Our son." I ignored him as he got Santi out the car. I saw kids running around playing. The front door was a big glass door and you can see everyone that's inside. "Ma!" Dallas loud ass caused everyone to stare at us. "I'll be back." No this negro didn't. His people stared at me and I stared right back. I'm not opposed to a staring contest.

"Sorry to stare," an older woman came up to me with a warm smile. "We never met any of Kyng's girlfriends." Kyng? That's his name? "I'm his grandmother Selma, but you can call me nana." I smiled at her.

"I'm Maria." She led me to the living room and introduced me to family members. He had a lot of aunts and uncles.

"You two look cute matching," one of his aunts said. "His ugly ass uncle don't ever want to match with me." I laughed at her. "How long have you two been an item?"

"Almost six months." Well we've been official ony two months but y'all know we been riding for each other for a while. She looked confused. "Santi is my son, he's two years old. Dallas decided he would accept both of us into his life."

"Awe," she cooed. "My nephew is so sweet. I'm glad he left these thots alone and got a queen." I smiled. She's cool peoples.

"Ma," I heard Dallas whining. "I'm sorry."