CHAPTER 5

LOUIS' POV

The flight from Florida to Montego Bay was tiring but exciting at the same time. Due to flying over more than one time zone, I really felt the symptoms of jet lag. I felt nauseous and dehydrated even though I had plenty bottles of water.

When the plane finally landed in Sir Donald Sangster international airport , I was relieved. It had been a 7 hour flight and I felt like shit.

Getting off the plane was a struggle. One of the flight hostesses had to guide me off the plane because my legs were wax. Fucking shit jet lag curse you!!

She kindly helped me walk while another hostess got my luggage. To be honest it was very kind of them, but even if it was their job, it'd be fair if male hosts could've helped me instead. ..yknow because it's a hassle and stuff. I felt bad but kindly thanked them anyways. Strong women! I thought with a proud smile.

I was sat on a bench in the airport, texting away to Mr . Lasseter. He said that he would send someone to fetch me from this airport. He didn't quite specify so I asked just to make sure. God knows I dreaded being abducted by some random psychopath.

From: Louis.
To : Boss man 😲
(12:45) DST+1
Hello boss, I've reached the airport safely :) just wanted to make sure of the person who will be picking me up and taking me to the resort?"

Within a minute, I get a text back.
"Good day, Louis. Hope the flight was alright and I'm glad you're safe! There will be a black Fortuner on its way, the gentleman driving it is wearing a yellow flurry Harris Reed blouse and black trousers"

Okay I didn't expect him to be that descriptive but it was more beneficial to me anyways so I just typed in a quick "got it! Thanks boss :)" and immediately put my phone away. It's not always the best idea to have your valuables out at an airport, even though my phone wasn't that significant. Still. I wasn't taking chances.

I waited patiently on the bench with my luggage right by my side. I got stares from people at how cautious I was but I just brushed it off. Safety first.

It didn't take that long for a car to pull up outside,  to which I spotted through the huge windows. It was in fact a black, brand spanking new Fortuner Ace.

I hesitantly and cautiously walked over to it with my luggage and tried to get on my tippy toes to sneak a peak at the driver... only to have him catch me with a blank, almost emotionless expression on his face. Shit!

Talk about awkward.

I felt heat creep on my cheeks from embarrassment and walked quickly with my head down. When I grew a pair and looked up, the gentleman who fitted Lasseter's description precisely, was already out of the vehicle and on the passenger side, holding the door open.

I blinked a few times and all he did was stare at me. Weird i thought and got in anyways.

The drive to Secerets Wild Orchid Montego Bay and resort was dead quiet. I felt like I was engulfed in awkward silence with this dude. It was painful actually. Even though he was merely an acquaintance to me, I needed attention .

I awkwardly huffed trying to get the long haired, scruffy bearded, emotionless man's attention. But still nothing. All he did was look at me, nodd and look back at the road. What was his deal?? I thought to myself and just gave up.

The car pulled up to the front of what seemed to be a villa. And thank god for that because I couldn't spend another second with ...

My thoughts were interrupted, ironically by the man who's name i didn't get.