CHAPTER 39

I woke up this morning to the sound of pots and pans clanking downstairs. I assumed Margaret must have gotten here not too long ago.

I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth. I then made sure to make the bed by myself and tidy up so Margaret wouldn't have to. Once I was finished and sure that the room was neat, I made my way downstairs.

Just as I thought, she was stood by the kitchen basin, scrubbing the dirty dishes from last night.

While Margaret piled up the dishes in the dishwasher, i casually made my way to the kitchen basin to rinse off any extra plates left and couldn't be put into the machine.

" You're always here this early?" I politely asked her and she made to take the second plate from my hand but I didn't let her and just kept on going.

She sighed once she figured I wouldn't stop helping her with the dishes and then spoke.

" Yes. Actually even earlier. I got here a bit late this morning because I had to take my child to the clinic. Mr. and Mrs. Styles were just leaving."

" Oh." Was all I could manage to say. I felt bad for her still. Maybe now a little more because she was a hard working mother who had a child and had to do everything my parents asked just so she could put a roof over her child's head and food on the table. Not to mention she had to take her little girl or boy to the clinic over an hour ago.

She moved on to wiping the marble counters. I watched as she took a sponge and squirted some pine gel washing liquid onto it then glided it against the countertops, removing any dirt and grease. She soaked the sponge back into a bucket of water and then maneuvered the other side to do the same.

To my left, I could see that there was a little heap of dirt and fuzz and it didn't take me long to figure that she left her previous task of vacuuming only to start with the dishes.

I walked over and observed the vacuum cleaner, trying to figure out where the on switch was. When I found it, the machine roared to life and I smiled in triumph.

I vacuumed the entire living room and entertainment lounge while Margaret cleaned up the rest of the kitchen and the bathrooms.

It's not like she asked me to even do it..I mean I knew she would never but I just thought she could use a helping hand. Even if it is her job, I didn't mind at all.

It was exactly 10:30 and she still tried to get me to go sit down and let her do everything, insisting that she was alright and that she couldn't have me help her ..but of course it was pointless really, because I'd moved on to the laundry anyways.

" OH DEAR!" she suddenly gasped and ran off to the kitchen again.

" What what is it? Is something wrong?" I asked, worried.

He pulled out some eggs and bacon from the fridge, a pan along with a plate and other utensils.

" You haven't had breakfast! Oh I am so sorry, gosh is Bacon and eggs alright? Or would you prefer pancakes instead?" She rushed out while making her way to fetch ingredients out of the pantry for pancakes.

I let out a small chuckle and nodded, making my way to her side again.

" Hmm..let's see"

I took a spare apron and put it on and then looked at her while tapping my chin as if thinking really hard .

" How about we both make bacon and eggs and pancakes too? Extra cheese with the proper British breakfast and extra toppings with the pancakes. You will be eating with me as I don't believe in eating alone. No buts ."