CHAPTER 23

LOUIS' POV

The trip back to the resort wasn't too long. We all occupied ourselves with a bit of banter, including how, according to Harry, watching ultimate survival paid off along with other random topics. Niall and Harry spoke a lot about old country/rock bands and singers, music in general, me and Niall went back and forth about soccer and how I was in fact better at it than him and lastly, there was a whole lot of laughs. Despite how drained and worn out we all felt, it was great to all just make light out of everything that happened.

" Alright then guys, don't pull something dumb again please..I can't get you out of everything " James said to us but mostly looked to Harry and Zayn to which I lightly chuckled as I thought about what they told me about the weed smuggling and James's act.

" Thanks man! We really appreciate it..don't know what we'd do without you" Harry genuinely said to James.

" Yeah, eh, I thought you'd be in jail or something like that for y'know.. anyways, I'll make sure to repay you for that" Zayn added.

The man looked at the both of them and rolled his eyes and then spoke up again.

" Non of that! Look it's my job to look out for you guys and I think you forgot who I am and what I'm capable of, Zayn..so no, I wasn't caught and locked up" he overly dramatically said and then fixed his collar.

I had a wide grin on my face, this man really was an entertainer. He had an ego, but he was still a cool guy.

Soon we were inside the resort, Zayn and Liam said they were going to  "catch up" and then left me, Niall and Harry to be checked up at the infirmary. Liam is a travel doctor and he knew how to do his job, so he definitely was capable of taking care of his own wounds.

Although I was hurt too, I couldn't let him check me up so I was okay with seeing a different doctor. I was sat on the bed until, by his name tag I took it as Mr. Ezekeal walked in with some doctor-ish equipment , prescribed medication and a notepad and pen.

He asked me to lay down to which I complied and then asked me to remove my clothes and put on the scrubs.

He then told Niall and Harry to leave the room and I started to feel tense. Harry hesitantly removed his hand from mine and I gave him a sad smile.

" It's okay..you're going to be fine, I promise " he spoke softly in assurance. I smiled up at him and brought his hand to my lips to kiss it. With that, the two left and then doctor. Ezekeal examined my deep, painful wound on my hip and then cleaned it. He told me I needed a few stitches to which all the colour left my face.

" S-stitches?" I choked out and he looked from his notepad to me and then nodded.

" Yes. It isn't very serious but my concern is that if it doesn't fully close up, chances are you could be diagnosed with cancer in the pelvic region if it gets infected. " he looked at me seriously and I gulped down hard.

There was no way I was ready to let cancer take over my life. Nobody deserves to be told they have that foul illness. Every single day it takes away lives of innocent people, people who have their whole life ahead of them, who always had big dreams and goals, who is so loved by the ones dearest to them...

I was so deep in thought.. awful thoughts that I felt sick to my stomach. I knew I didn't have cancer but it still really worried me to think I could obtain it.

I let out a sigh and tried to sound strong

" O-okay."

That was enough confirmation for him to proceed. He was about to start with the procedure but I immediately stopped him.