CHAPTER 27

LOUIS' POV

Walking along the street, I passed little stands and vendors with people selling food. Fruit, vegetables, all sorts of cultural delicacies which looked really good. My eyes scanned the foods and it landed on what looked like lamb sausaties (lamb skewers ) with grilled squash, drizzled with pistachio dressing.

A smile spread across my face in delight and I asked the lady for a few of them. With that, i bought some cooked rice with sour herb and Jamaican pepper.

I thanked the lady and carried the warm food carefully as i walked away and back to Harry, that's until I saw Nick walking my way.

He had some shopping bags in his hands and a Jamaican coloured, patterned barrett sitting sideways on his head.

As much as I tried to avoid him right now, it was too late as he spotted me turning on my heel.

" Oh Louis! Darling, lovely seeing you here!" He shouted and rushed over to me.

" Hey Nick. How are ya?.." I asked. He was definitely going to make conversation with me and not just about work.

" Hmm.. could be better, can't complain. But enough about me.. I haven't seen you in a whole week! Where have you been?"

It really baffled me how he has no idea of where I was the entirety of last week. Literally everyone on this island knew.

Not being able to believe his words, I awkwardly chuckled and he raised an eyebrow for me to go on.

" Uh..you didn't notice Harry and Zayn missing either?"

He looked at me as if I were speaking a foreign language. He really had no clue. I went on.

" Well.. some days ago, the three of us decided to go on a little..cruise on one of the locals ship and we got uhm.."

" You got what?"

" Shipwrecked?" I answered but it came out more like a question.

His eyes widened and his jaw slackened in total disbelief.

" WHAT?? How come I wasn't informed about this oh dear, Louis are you okay? What about Harry and Zayn are they alright? ?" He gasped out and hurriedly spoke.

" Yes we're all good. I e-mailed you yesterday that we were back."

" No, I don't think you did" he said with a frown on his face while pulling out his phone to check his emails.

" I hadn't received it Louis- never mind found it now. Whoops. I'm sorry, my bad" he apologised after reading and then put his phone away.

" That's alright" I simply said and offered him a tight lipped smile.

" What was the reason you thought going out on your so called cruise with a complete stranger, having two of my models tagging along, without being sure of the weather conditions? Was the man who offered even licensed?"

" I really am sorry. I know it was risky and all that and I should never have taken Zayn and Harry with me. But we're back and we're okay." I let out an annoyed sigh. If I'm being honest I don't think he was genuinely concerned at all..he liked acting that way to come off as concerned.

" Yes. You are back and thankfully the way you left! I hope the others are too Louis."

" Absolutely." I fake smiled at him. Harry and Zayn were fine, I mean I still had a messed up hip but I really didn't need to mention that to Nick.

" Good. So then I take it you'll be good to continue what you were assigned here for? Y'know..your career? "

I know haven't been on the job the past few days because of the shipwreck and I really do feel alright, I mean I really want to get back to doing my job, and I really intend to go the extra mile now and work harder to make up for everything. Of course it wasn't Harry and Zayn's fault, they missed out on a few shoots which I'm guessing nick took care of himself.