CHAPTER 14

The sea was a hungry lion, the storm wore on and the rain furiously came down on us.

I'd still had Harry's hand in mine, Zayn, however wasn't in my grip any longer. My eyes started to bulge and my heart was violently thumping against my chest.

I searched with my blurred vision and finally came across the sight of Josiah. He had a tight hold on Zayn who tried to gasp for air.

I mentally thanked god and I looked around in fear. The current of the sea and the waves were  atrocious . I suddenly heard a loud voice call out

" YOU NEED TO SWIM AWAY FROM THE SHIP. FAST, THERE'S NO TIME! "  Josiah tried his hardest and I took acknowledgement of his words.

Harry heard as well and he looked at me. Fear still fully clear in his eyes. Our hands were still tightly intertwined and tied up like two ships.

The heinous waves laughed back and tried to break us apart..but we didn't let it. We fought back with everything we had and swam for our dear lives as fast and as far away from the ship as we could.

A loud thunder bolted in the sky and thereafter, as did lightning... striking onto the ship and heavy wooden pieces breaking off and spiralling into the the whirlpool that suddenly formed.

I heard a ghastly scream and my head shot in the direction of the two men behind us. It was Josiah.

My eyes widened in horror when I saw a heavy amount of the ship had crashed down on him. Zayn was nowhere to be seen.

I felt my breath hitching and not enough air entering my lungs as I furiously bit back tears that were threatening to escape.

I looked at Harry and let go of his hand.

" WE HAVE TO HELP HIM..W-WE NEED TO MAKE SURE HE'S SAFE WE CAN'T LEAVE HIM I...I NEED TO GO BACK "  just as those words left my mouth,  zayn came into view.

He was drowning, desperately trying to keep afloat but the treacherous waves kept pulling him in.

Harry gasped and immediately swam away from me and in his direction.

" HARRY WAIT!! " I tried but it was useless.

I knew Harry was going to rescue zayn from drowning and the image of Josiah was still fresh in my mind. He needed help too.

I tried my best to search through my blurred vision to find him and I did.

I swam as fast as I could towards him, determined to save him...only for him to yell back

" NO..LOUIS..D-DONT DO IT. .P-PLEASE, GO ..SAVE YOURSELF AND THE OTHERS.."

My heart really dropped at that and I was in complete shock and denial. I couldn't just leave him there to be swallowed up by the sea..I didn't have it in me so I just carried on swimming towards him.

" I SAID GO!!" his voice boomed and was loud enough to halt my actions.

I felt like I was about to explode and rage. This was all my fault. I put this innocent man's life at risk.

I swallowed back the bitter tears and left. I swam far away and the view of him soon faded away. I didn't even care anymore and allowed my tears to drop.

I saw Zayn and Harry in the distance, they were attempting to wait and keep still in the gushing water, only to be tossed around like toys.

I assumed they were trying to wait for me or they were just really frightend and didn't know where to go.

I started swimming towards them and they noticed.

The loud thunder boomed through the black, unforgiving sky and I reached the boys.