CHAPTER 43

The woman stared at me in awe. Her eyes raking from my head to toe as if I were some newly discovered planet or something.

I awkwardly shifted on my feet as she soaked up my features.

" Hi.." I casually greeted, despite the fact that I was a bit creeped out.

" Hello!" She smiled really boldly and strangely, her hand already moved to the fingerprint scanner on her side, emitting  a beeping sound and the gates to open.

I was quite frazzled to say the least. I mean, she literally allowed me access through the gates and inside. It did seem unusual but I decided to not pay much mind to it .

" Oh uh..thanks? "

She kept grinning at me and then suddenly

" Louis, right? " she asked and I almost choked on air.

I looked at her skeptically, raising a brow. Had Harry told her about me? I mean why and how else would she know. I felt heat on my cheeks.

" That's me, yes." I offered a smile

She moved away and gestured for me to enter, in which I did.

We walked towards the house in silence until I decided I should tell her the reason for me being here.

" I am here to see Harry, is he here?" I dumbly questioned and she chuckled , moving her head.

" Yes he is, dear. Say, I thought you'd only be here from Saturday? " she wiggled her brows.

Yeah Harry definitely told her about me.

I was trying to come up with a response but she spoke again.

" Oh and you're just as handsome as in the picture too! " she stated, earning a breathy chuckle from me.

And he apparently showed her my pics?  Oh my.

I was absolutely flustered at her compliment, my cheeks probably resembled tomatoes.

" I-..Thank you!" I was flattered and she looked at me knowingly.

She opened the door and the breath was once again knocked out of me. It was a bloody mansion.

She took my suitcase from me and put it down and then ushered me to take a seat.

I didn't want Harry to see me just yet and was afraid he would so I quickly gathered my thoughts and then spoke

" He doesn't know I'm here.. well I didn't tell him I was going to show up any sooner, I thought I'd surprise him." I told her, giddiness rising up my stomach again.

She cooed and then brought her hands to mine. It startled me a bit but I found it cute and chuckled.

" Surprise ey?" She smirked " I think I know just what we should do!"

HARRY'S POV

I just got out from the shower and changed into my black jeans and a pink flannel with white polkadots on, leaving the first three buttons open. It was my favourite shirt and it just felt like a good day to wear it.

Yesterday went so much better than I'd imagined. My mum never left my side after I confronted her, it really did look like she was sorry and wanted to make it up to me and for that, I couldn't be happier. After all, all I wanted was her motherly love and care.

Also, I noticed the guilt she felt whenever she spoke to Margaret. She did apologise to her this morning over breakfast,  before she left to run a few errands . Margaret was very forgiving.