CHAPTER 22

LOUIS' POV

Harry and I were on our way back to the rest. We headed for the beach where Liam told us to meet up with them but they weren't there. We waited but it was still a no show so we turned on our heels to the area where we left them.

Again, it was hopeless as they had left. I then thought back on the storm that took place last night. They obviously needed shelter and also, they believed that we went to the cave, it was the closest too so they must be there.

We walked through the rainforest and the heat was at the highest temperature I've experienced yet and I really started to feel my tongue dry up. We didn't have any more water and I felt like I was dehydrated.

" Lou..are you okay?"  I heard Harry ask as he stopped and looked at me in worry.

" M'fine. We should go on " I said, trying to seem convincing but my vision got worse and I felt really light headed.

" Y-you don't look fine at all please l-lets just stop-"

Harry didn't even finish his sentence and before I knew it, I was passed out  on the floor.

" OH MY GOD,  LOUIS!!" I was barely able to hear Harry yell as he immediately kneeled down to attend to me. I yelped at the burning, shooting pain on my hip bone and Harry carefully turned me over.

HARRY'S POV

My heart raced and my hands were shaking as I tried my best to help Louis. My face frantically scanned him as his eyes were shut and he groaned in pain.

When I attempted to pick him up off the ground and place him in my lap, I gasped and my eyes widened when I saw that the front of his shirt was covered in blood with a visible cut in.

I was on the verge of tears. I rubbed his arm soothingly and tried to calm him down a bit and then my eyes searched everywhere in hopes to find any source of water but it was still out of reach.

I sighed and then looked down at him again. He inhaled sharply and winced as I carefully lifted his shirt up to take a look at his wound.

I gulped down thickly as one of my shaky hands came down to hold his.

" Shh..i-iknow it hurts, lou..but please, try to stay calm, I want to help you okay"  I told him and shakily breathed out as I once again lifted his shirt.

There was a large lime thorn stuck through his hip and blood freely flowed out from the wound. I felt sick to my stomach and felt like I was about to faint but I couldn't. I needed to take care of it.

I took a calm breath, then closed and then opened my eyes again. I placed my hand to cup his jaw and brought my lips to gently kiss his forehead.

" Just relax okay? I-i'm gonna get this out " i reassured him.

I used my forefinger and thumb to hold the end of the thorn and I carefully tried to pull it out, to which he cussed.

I looked at him apologetically and then continued until it was fully removed from his flesh.

He breathed heavily and I let out a relieved sigh then i offered him a small smile .

" It's out now, it's okay baby, calm down "

I knew it was still pretty bloody and raw...that he was is pain. I needed to clean it and apply a band aid and stuff but it was just that unfortunate that I forgot to take some from Liam's bag.

I ran my hand through my unruly hair and reached over my back to get my own bag. I searched in it in hopes that I'd find anything that would help Louis' wound or prevent the blood from flowing.