CHAPTER 31

LOUIS' POV

" Harry?" The woman I wasn't familiar with  spoke. Her features were very telling. Dark brown hair, green eyes..this was it.

I immediately released Harry from my arms and then looked from the woman who had a scowl on, to Harry who had his head hung low, he seemed tense.

"Mum.." he finally found it in himself to squeak out and I could tell he was trying to really hide his emotions because I saw right through him when he offered her a half hearted smile.

" Well ...it's good to see you, Harry. Who might this be?" She looked from her son and then at me, questiongly while staring at me from head to toe.

To say I didn't feel uncomfortable under her stare would be a complete lie. The things that Harry shared with me, all his childhood mishaps , the things he went through because of his parents..  everything was still very much fresh in my mind.

I did, however try to push those thoughts away and reluctantly walked towards her.

I stopped in front of her and tried to put on a convincing smile and then stuck my hand out as I introduced myself.

" Hi..I'm Louis Tomlinson, new Photographer for Boss Vibrant. Nice to meet yo-"

" So I take it what I saw just a few seconds ago is all part of the job?" She asked, with her eyebrow raised and completely ignoring me.

Harry must've felt uncomfortable too because he walked up to standard beside me, giving me an apologetic look.

" Mum, that was..nothing uhm.." he tried to say and my heart sunk for a second but then i remembered that he didn't mean it and that he hadn't told his mum about his sexuality.

She had a stern expression on but that soon turned into an amused one

" Oh God darling calm down. I'm just Trolling you!" She burst out laughing as she spoke to Harry and then looked back at me.

" Nice to meet you too Mr. Tomlinson. I've heard great things about your talented work the past couple weeks!"

As confused as I was, I smiled, feeling a bit relieved that it didn't turn out the other way. I thought hard and it hit me that she doesn't  exactly know I am in fact gay either and that it was all good,  in her mind.

I felt Harry lightly elbow me and my attention was back on her. I awkwardly cleared my throat and then spoke.

" Oh..sorry .Thank you, so much!" I nodded and kept the same smile on.

" It's an absolute pleasure! " She patted my shoulder

" First thing you do when you come to visit your son is obviously to give the photographer all the attention" I heard Harry say with a chuckle at the end and although he was joking, i felt bad for him because I knew his parents never gave him much attention nor love.

I looked over at him and gave him a sad, knowing smile and then Anne's voice was once again heard.

" Oh now, now dear! There's enough love for everyone, come over here!"

I mentally scoffed.

She pulled Harry into a hug, let go and then smiled up at him.

" I missed my handsome boy so much! Not a day goes by when I don't think of you." She caressed his cheek and her words really sounded empathetic to me but I just decided to let it go. You never know, right?

" I missed you too " he said, hesitance was clear in his voice but Anne didn't notice.

"And Oh my Harry, your hair!" She gasped and took a few of his locks in her hand, examining the length.