CHAPTER 20

*** Time to fucking cry o'clock ***

Love is a battlefield. Love is a rapture. Love is a unity of parts and the warmth and safety in one's arms.

● ● ● ● ●

" Shouldn't we be waiting on the beach, nearby where it'll be easy to be spotted? " Zayn asked

We were currently walking through the rainforest since Liam could move around a bit now and said we should find wood to make a fire because he wasn't too sure how long the rescue team would take and it was getting dark.

Although he said we should all stay together, Louis kept on tugging on my arm to take a different route because he thought Liam's " Was boring ".

" No, Louis! We can't... we need to stay together and we can't take chances now " I stopped in my tracks and huffed out in annoyance. Louis was really being stubborn.

" Oh c'mon curly, I know it's a shortcut, trust me, we'll meet the rest back where Liam said we should wait in no time. "

I looked at him and ran a hand through my hair, uncertainty and a bad gut feeling boiling within me. It really wasn't the time to goof off and I really didn't get how he couldn't understand that.

" Please... you trust me, don't you?" He asked me, voice almost above a whisper and he looked at me with pleading and hopeful eyes and then stood on his tippy toes to reach up to kiss my nose.

I really felt conflicted. I felt like it wasn't a good idea at all...but at the same time, for some reason, looking into this man's eyes was enough reassurance for me. He was really being persuasive and just because he knew he could charm me with his gorgeous face and eyes and heart...I agreed.

" Fine. " I whispered so he'd be the only one to hear. " I trust you "

That was all it took for a huge smile to form on his face and made his eyes crinkle . I really wanted to feel mad at his way of persuading me but I just couldn't. He really had my heart...soul even.

Liam and the rest noticed we weren't walking anymore and he turned back to face us with a confused expression

" Why have you lads stopped? Something wrong? "

I looked at Louis and he was silent for a few seconds as if thinking. He slowly turned his face to look at me and then spoke.

" uh.. yeah I uhm.. I left something back there in the cave. I need to fetch it.." he lied and immediately held my hand to caress my skin to calm my nerves a bit.

" Okay, not a problem we'll go back-"

"NO!- I mean..no that's not necessary. You guys go on, I'll catch up" He nervously laughed.

" You sure? I don't think it's safe to go on your own-"

" I'll go with him." I reluctantly said. I wanted to sound sure and play along but none of them bought it, I still sounded hesitant.

" Harry..." Zayn looked at me with a straight face and a raised eyebrow

" I promise we'll meet you lads at checkpoint. " Louis again tried to assure them, this time sounding a tad more confident.

" Okay...fine. well, here " Liam threw a water bottle at me and I caught it.

" Please be safe and don't wander off anywhere else. Just get your stuff and head back this way." Liam instructed with an unsure look on his face but Louis just shrugged it off.