(Overwatch) Ashe x (Depressed) Reader

Requested by Semmiza Hope you like it!

WARNING: Angst, if you don't wanna cry, don't read. (It doesn't have much triggering stuff but still, it made one of my frens cry)

Also the song goes with it. So for full emotional quality please feel free to listen to it too!

Thank you, now sit back, and enjoy the ride!

Free

You call into your comms to the rest of the Deadlock gang. You're taking cover from all the flying bullets, tears streaming down your face. You can't keep them in anymore, depression just hit you like a train, leaving you a wreck in the middle of battle between Overwatch and the Deadlock gang.

"I can spot a good cover for myself, it's on the other side of the courtyard." You announce, sounding strong and confident, hiding your broken core.

"Y/N, that's too dangerous, find another spot, where are you right now?" Ashe calls in.

"Behind a damn dumpster." You say.

You're determined to get to the next point, but your depression is making you increasingly useless, and causing you to feel even more horrible about yourself.

"I don't recommend that spot you're aimin' for. Choose another, for your safety." She commands.

"No, I'm going there! It's the best spot on the entire field!" Your voice cracks a tiny bit and you hope no one noticed.

You stand up and begin your trek to the open spot. Bullets whizz by your head, missing by inches. You gave up caring about yourself a long time ago. You gave up on yourself. Your depression screams at you; FAILURE! Failure! Failure! Failure!

~~~

You're hiding in the bathroom, it's four am. You hear a soft knock on your door, and you splash water on your face before grabbing it, only to reveal Ashe, your girlfriend.

"Hey..." You groggily say, wiping your eye tiredly and letting her in.

"What are you doin' up at this time a night?" She asks sleepily.

"I could ask you the same thing." You say. "I just couldn't sleep." You admit.

"That's alright, come on, s' go back to bed." She says tiredly.

You get back into your bed and Ashe kneels next to you.

She starts to sing softly to you, a lullaby. It was pretty and soothing...

~~~

You kept on walking, tears now streaming down your face as you walk across the open field of rubble and trash. You make your way across the wide courtyard-like street, bullets continuously whizzing by your form.

"Y/N! What the hell are you doin'!?" You hear Ashe scream into the comms.

You just keep walking.

Bang!

A bullet grazes your chest, blood starting to stain your clothes. You keep walking.

~~~

You await Ashe's return from her run in with Mcree. She bursts through the door angrily, causing everyone in the base to jump. You walk her way and follow her to her office. She lets you in and grumpily sits down at her desk, putting her thumb and forefinger on her forehead, rubbing it in frustration.

"Ashe, you alright?" You ask.

No response comes from her, just a frustrated sigh. You walk over to her and start to rub her tense shoulders and watch her relax into your touch. You get her to stand up as you envelop her into a loving hug. You stay like that for a while, just holding each other lovingly, rocking back and forth.

"I don't know how you do it. But I love it. I love you." She mumbles into your shoulder.

"Love you too, Ashe." You say.

~~~

You keep pushing through the battlefield. You can hear Ashe's faint screams at Bob; you don't need the comms to hear her.

"Bob! Do somethin'! Git her outta there! Now!" She screams.

She knows she won't be able to get to you in time. In a desperate attempt, she resorts to sending Bob after you.

Another bullet scratches the back of your knee, almost crippling you.

~~~

"Y/N, I've been... thinking..."

"About what?"

"I've been scared of my own feelin's. I've been pushin' 'em away. I'm... scared..."

"It's alright Ashe, just take your time."

"You don't understand..." She turns away.

"Then make me." You respond gently.

Ashe suddenly turns around and gently pulls you into a kiss. It's soft and sweet, but short. You look into her crimson eyes, conflict flashing in them.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't a'-"

You pull her in this time by her tie and connect your lips with hers. You both melt into the kiss, and before long, you pull away for air.

"I feel the same way, Ashe..."

"Girlfriends?"

"Girlfriends."...

~~~

You push through the pain. Repeatedly thinking to yourself. You deserve it. You deserve the pain. You deserve the loss. You deserve the suffering. You deserve all of it. You don't deserve happiness. You don't deserve safety. You don't deserve Ashe. You don't deserve to live! You don't deserve anything!

Another bullet enters your arm at your elbow and travels through, wounding your ribs. You grit your teeth in pain and sadness and aching anger at yourself. Another bullet enters your knee, finally bringing you down. You can faintly hear Ashe's screams for you. Your head starts to ring. The earth starts spinning. You feel like your falling. Your falling forever through a black hole, full of pain and suffering. Tears still streaming slowly down your face. Your blood pools around you, gushing from each wound. You can feel all the emotional baggage fleeing through the opening of each wound. You can feel yourself finally being let go of the emotional and mental torture from your own brain.

You're free.