(Mirrors Edge Catalyst) Faith Connors x (Runner) Reader

Trust

               Reflection was just shut down, you and Faith went your separate ways after helping each other shut it down. You had bonded over the time of the missions you did together and you opened up more than you would have liked.
               Now you hear Plastic's voice through the BeatLink comms, asking for a quick job.
               "Alright, I need to decrypt something, but I need a few more GridLeaks. Mind finding a few for me? I'll send you the locations."
               "Alright, I'll grab them for you." You respond confidently.
               "Cool, thanks, Phantom." She replies.
               Your BeatLink receives the locations and you switch your Runners Vision on, following the red trail, over and under things, bursting through apartments, climbing over the tops of buildings, zip lining to other rooftops. You find two GridLeaks, just one more left. You're on top of a building, heading towards the next, and final, location.
                "Phantom, there's something ahead of you, go towards it, might be the last GridLeak." Plastic informs.
               "Alright." You proceed with caution.
               You make it on top of a small roof power hub and spot the GridLeak. You go to take it but someone else meets you up there. Faith.
               "It's been a while, how have you been holding up?" Faith greets.
               "Good, how 'bout yourself?" You reply.
               "Plastic send you too?"
               "Yea."
               Lights shine on the two of you, showing your presence to all the surrounding K-Sec. Both of you sprint away from the immediate threat. You take down a couple of K-Sec's along the way and eventually find a safe house to wait out their search. They investigate the surrounding area; looks like they'll be here for a while.
               "So... You know more about me last time we left off, if you don't mind, I'd like to hear your origin story." Faith inquires.
               "When I was young, my mother, Rebecca, and I didn't see things the same way, so when my dad left her and took me, we never got to come to agreement on anything. You know this already though. But my dad wanted to put me into the system, on the Grid, but I didn't want to. I noticed that the entire system was flawed and no one actually payed attention to it except for us Runners. Kruger approached my dad one day, and killed him; he has a relationship with a Runner, which was prohibited; so he shot him. He tried to take me in but I ran. I tried to run to my friends first, see if they'd help me, but they either turned their backs on me or tried to turn me in to KrugerSec. I was left with nowhere to go and no one to go to. I ran and I decided to just disappear off the grid, hiding my face with this," You take off and hold up your halfmask, "and the jacket. Y/N didn't exist anymore; I became Phantom. I stopped trusting people, even other Runners and I ran my own little scheme to get enough Scrip to survive. I have been ever since. But when I met you, I learned to trust again."
               There's a long pause of silence, you afraid of her reaction for some reason and mad at yourself for showing this side of you; you're vulnerable.
               "Y/N... Can I tell you something?" Faith suddenly asks.
               You look at her curiously. She fiddles with her fingers a bit, opening and closing her mouth a couple times, not knowing what to say. She finally gives up on speaking and crashes her lips into yours. You're shocked but you realize you've felt the same way. You relax into it and you hesitantly raise your hand to the side of her head, wanting to hold her, but she pulls away.
               "I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have..." She turns to run out of the safe house.
               "Faith, wait!" You grab her shoulder, stopping her from leaving.
               She hesitantly turns around and looks at you anxiously, awaiting your next move. You bring your hand to the back of her head and pull her into another kiss, running your hand through her short hair and holding her dearly. She wraps her arms hesitantly around your neck, she isn't good at this whole affection thing, but she'll figure it out. You both pull away and you place your forehead on hers, looking into her sparkling eyes, your hand still on the back of her head gently. You chuckle at yourself, looking down.
               "Faith," you breathe. "I trust you."

Okay, I maaaaay be a little obsessed with this game. Hope u enjoyed, request anything. I just wanted to give you something to say I'm not dead! K bai!