(Supergirl) Lena Luthor x (Anxious) Reader

Requested by @anxiousspaceart
Sorry it's a lil late.
Hope you enjoy!

You have joined Lena to a party for her work. People are drinking and laughing and just having fun. You're with Lena as she speaks with another CEO, catching up. You stand next to her, following along with their conversation, glass in hand.

Suddenly, shouts start to erupt somewhere nearby but you ignore it. That is, until a hand comes near you, causing you to flinch at the sudden, and close, movement.

You drop your glass; hearing it shatter, snapping you out of your, now dark, thoughts. Lena pauses her conversation, giveing you a small look, silently asking what's wrong.

"Shit, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." You mumble.

A waiter starts to sweep it up, assuring you that it's alright. You excuse yourself, stuttering, and make your way out of the party crowds onto the balcony, sliding down the wall far away from the door. You just need to let this pass, then you can go back with Lena.

Your thoughts race and your breath quickens, short and shallow, and you start to shake. Your mind is taken back to when your ex would throw things at you and hit you. You've gotten better over time, but tonight just triggered it. You try to steady your breathing and stop shaking but your mind keeps playing the same thing over and over.

"You're not worth anything! You always screw up! Dammit, why can't you just be normal?!"

"I-I'm sorry..."

"Well you should be!"

A glass comes down on your head, shattering on impact. Little pieces of glass imbed themselves in your skin, opening many small wounds over your body; mostly your scalp.

"When will you fucking learn?"

You curse yourself, hissing aloud.

"Y/N?" A concerned voice sounds from your left, from the direction of the door.

You try to look up but you can't lift it up much. Your thought cloud your mind until a hand is gently placed on your shoulder, startling you. You flinch and almost fall over, another hand catching your other shoulder before you can.

"Y/N, you alright?" She asks.

You look up to see Lena, concern written all over her face and worry evident in her piercing green eyes. You find yourself staring into her eyes, it calming you down a bit, before you rip your eyes away and look down. Lena sits down beside you, rubbing your shoulder comfortingly. You're still shaking slightly and your breaths are still quick, but you've calmed down a bit.

"I-I'm sorry." You stutter out, avoiding eye contact with the CEO.

"You've got nothing to be sorry for." Lena assures.

An arm comes around your shoulders as Lena pulls you in for a soft, comforting hug. You lean into her form, eyes tearing up until they spill onto her shirt. You can now feel Lenas hand rubbing circles on your back.

"Shhh... it's alright." She whispers soothingly in your ear as she rocks you gently back and forth a little.

"I'm sorry..." you say, barely over a whisper.

"It's alright. You've got nothing to be sorry for." She whispers back.

After a while you've calmed down in her arms and are breathing calmly. Your shaking has stopped and you've stopped crying. You reluctantly pull back to wipe your eyes to rid them of the tears and redness. You look back at Lena nervously.

"If you want we can leave."

"N-no, you don't have to." You stutter. "You wanted to go, you shouldn't let me keep this away from you."

"I've already done what I needed. It's alright. Come on, I'll take you home and we can relax." She helps you up and walks with you through the crowds.

You both make your way to the exit and leave to go to Lena's apartment.

•••

You're on the couch and Lena is sitting next to you, an arm around your shoulders.

"Sorry Lena."

"Stop apologizing, it's alright." She reassures.

"Alright..." you sigh. "I just... didn't have a good relationship with someone. So I'm kinda sensitive to harsh movement."

"Yeah, I've noticed that about you sometimes. It's alright. You don't have to worry about that anymore."

You lean into her and soon fall asleep. She smiles at your sleeping form and kisses the top of your head. You both fall asleep next to each other peacefully and happily.