(Supergirl) Alex x (Single Mother) Reader

Request by @Minnii_Canary
Hope you like it!

You sit in your car at the stop light; you're just going to the mall to pick up your 10 year old daughter, Anna. Anna is currently at a birthday party and it should be wrapping up about now. You have just texted her saying you're about five minutes out. The light turns green and just as you start to roll forward, an explosion emanates from the direction you're headed in. In fact, it's emanates from the same building your daughter is in.

"Oh my god..." you breathe out, shocked and terrified.

You speed up a bit and arrive at the building a few moments later, stopping right outside one of the entrances. You grab your phone and call her, stepping out of your car about to go into the building. Another explosion erupts from that entrance, halting you in your tracks. The phone hangs up, but you call again, hoping that Anna picks up.

"Come on, come on... pick up!" You hope under your breath, holding the phone close to your ear shakily.

You're bitting your index finger of your other hand, a habit you've picked up once your last partner died in an accident, leaving you with a three year old child to raise alone. You don't want to lose Anna too. The phone ends again, and you try another time, hoping she picks up this time. One ring goes by. Two rings go by. Three.

"Mom!"

"Anna!" You start to tear up at the sound of your daughters angelic little voice. "Are you alright? Where are you?"

"I'm okay! A nice lady helped me! She saved me mom!" She says happily into the phone.

Oh, how can she be so happy in a time like this? It almost makes you laugh at how she sounds as if nothing happened. There's muffled voices on the other side of the phone.

"The nice lady wants to talk to you." She says finally, still a happy tone.

"Okay, stay safe, honey." You respond.

"I assume you're Anna's mother?" A new voice inquires through the phone.

"Yes I am."

"Hello, my name is Alex. You're daughter is safe and unharmed as of right now. Where are you so I can make my way to you to reunite you both?" She asks.

"I'm at the west exit." You respond.

"Where is that?"

"Over by the Macy's. Where are you? I can guide you through the phone." You declare.

"Uh, to my right there is a Forever 21, and a Starbucks. To my left, the path is blocked, but I can see a sign for Old Navy." She describes.

"That's super close, and the only way to the West exit. I can drive around to the South exit. You're going to follow the signs to JC Penny: right, another right, upstairs, and a left." You explain.

"Alright. Got it.." Alex responds.

"All meet you over by the exit. Tell me if you get turned around." You speak.

You get back into your car, putting your phone on speaker and leaving it on the dashboard. You start your car and do your best to get to the south exit safely. You enter a parking lot and drive up the ramp to the second level; the top level. you pull around the corner, but are met with yellow caution tape. Black cars are scattered over the scene, agents litter the grounds, guns in hand. You exit your vehicle, taking your phone with you.

"Alex I'm here, but there are cars here and yellow caution tape." you inform.

"Alright, I'm almost there. I'm just turning left down the hall." Alex responds.