(Captain Marvel) !!!SPOILERS!!! Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) x Reader

Updates are coming along very slowly. I have no inspiration, and I'm very sorry if you're still waiting on yours.

Warnings: !!!!!MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!
SORRY I JUST SAW THE MOVIE ON SATURDAY AND IM OBSESSED!

(Side note, sorry if things aren't accurate, I only saw it once lol)

Always Come Back

               "Hey Maria, I picked up some things for you while I was out!" You call as you let yourself in to one of your best friends house.
               You slip your shoes off at the door and set them aside. You look up to see the dining table full; Maria is at the table with Monica, and a whole bunch of other people; two green looking aliens and some guy you didn't know, who's petting a cat. Your breath hitches slightly in your throat as you look at the last person, the green clad woman, soft blonde hair just past her shoulders, and sparkling blue eyes. You notice her watch you curiously; as if she forgot who the hell you are. You quickly snap out of it and make your way to the kitchen with your bags, humming a tune from the radio that is stuck in your head as you put some of the stuff away.
               "Does she even see us? Is she blind or something?" You can hear them whisper behind you, curious as to why you're not freaking out that there's other-worldly beings in your best friends home.
               You finish putting things away before turning to join them at the table. "So, what're we talking about?" You ask as you lean with your forearms on the table casually. You look at Maria, "Is Monica outside?"
               "Yeah, if you'll stay with her so she's not lonely, I can catch you up later." Maria says.
               You then turn and head outside to join Monica, who jumps up and hugs you. "Auntie Carol is back! Did you see? Did you see?" She says excitedly.
               "Yeah... I did." You sigh as you hug her back. You don't know why you didn't hug Carol, despite her probably not recognizing you.
               "She didn't know who we were either. It's alright, I'm working on getting her memory back!" Monica says.
               You chuckle at Monica before changing the subject, "Soo, what's the best part of school so far, huh?" You ask, leading her to the tree in the yard to climb.
               "Favorite subject is still lunch." She giggles as she climbs up on a branch and perches herself, you doing the same, but on a lower branch.
               "Haha, mine was too when I was your age."
               The two of you chat for a while before Maria calls you both in. She lets the man, known as Fury, play with Monica while the rest of them catch you up on what's going on.
               "Okay, so you're telling me that these... Kree people are trying to get this weird core thing Lawson made so they can eradicate these Skrull people and get Carol back?" You lightly recap. "And you're going up into space to get the core thing before the Kree do. And you're Talos." You gesture to the alien.
               Everyone nods there head, except for Carol, who is looking at you curiously, as if she is trying to piece something together.
               "I remember the day of the crash now, but I don't remember the end of it, it stops just after the explosion, but... there's something more, I just don't know what it is..." Carol says quietly.
               She meets your eyes for a brief moment before you look away.
"I'm going with you." You say.

•••

               "I'm just saying, you get the opportunity to go into space to end an alien war. That's pretty cool." Monica soon wraps up her little encouragement speech to urge her mom to go into space with Carol, you, Talos, and Fury, who, of course, takes the cat.
               The group of you board the stolen Quinjet and take off to go to Lawson's Lab.

•••

               You arrive at the lab shortly, Carol disabling its cloaking mechanisms. Your group boards the space lab to search for the core. Talos eventually leads the group to a room holding the core, and Goose, the cat, jumps up to where it's being held, pointing it out as if it weren't any more obvious. Carol collects it in a lunchbox and holds it safe as a whole group of Skrulls watch and emerge. They seem weary of your group but Talos tells them it's okay. You watch as he approaches someone and hug, embracing each other as if they let go, the other will be gone. You shift on your feet, glancing at Carol every once in a while. The two only break apart when a voice interrupts.
"The Tesseract. Hand it over."
You recognize him. Before you can do anything, his team surrounds everyone and detains them. Carol wouldn't go down without a fight though, but they soon got her. They cuff everyone and scan Goose, Fury, Maria, and yourself.
"Flerken, danger: high and hostile." The Kree put Goose in a cage.
"But its a cat!" Fury says, completely surprised.
The Kree then scan Fury and yourself, "Human female, danger: high to low. Human male, danger: low to none." Fury chuckles at this.
"No truer words have ever been spoken." Carol laughs, earning a chuckle from yourself.
The Kree then separate you from Carol and the Skrull and lead you all through the base, locking the Skrull up together before leading your group through the halls. You don't know where they took Carol, and your worried for her. It's been long enough and it seems the Kree have led you all to your destination, but the lights start to flicker. You all look around to watch the lights flick on and off in a dance, and before long, all your cuffs fall off. As soon as they hit the floor, you and Fury attack two of the Kree, hitting the back of his knee before jumping up to try to tackle him. He shoves you off and pins you to the ground. He is quickly removed from your back as Fury rips him off of you. You try find your way back to the main room with Fury and Maria. You find Goose and Fury lets him out. You run into Carol again who presents the lunchbox which holds the Tesseract.
"Here, take the Tesseract, not the box." She says.
"Nuh uh, I ain't touching' that thing with my bare hands." Fury complains.
"You need to take it. Just take it." Carol commands.
Suddenly tentacles erupt from Goose's mouth, swallowing up the Tesseract.
Fury stares wide eyed at Goose. "Jesus! That is freaky," he turns the cat over to look at him, "I'm trusting you. Alright? I'm trusting you." He says to Goose.
Carol then commands that you leave with the Skrull and go back to earth while she stalls the Kree, especially Yon-Rogg. Fury pulls you along with Maria and you pick your way through the hallways to the hangar. You run into a group of the Kree, but Goose handles it, throwing them about and knocking them out. Soon, you're surrounded again.
"Stay back!" Fury says, holding Goose up in front of him. Nothing happens. "Come on, do your thing." He urges. "Really? Come on!"
Goose wriggles out of his grasp and lands on the floor before casually waltzing over to the other side. One of the enemy picks him up, carrying him with him. The Kree lead you to the hangar, joining you with the Skrull. Suddenly, one of the Kree attack, letting down Goose. With the help of everyone else, you all manage to take down the Kree. Talos has been disguised as a Kree to help everyone escape.
"Come on, onto the ship. Hurry!" He herds everyone onto the ship.
You manage to get out of the crowd. "Y/N, what are you doing?" Fury calls.
"I'm going back for Carol!" You yell back, turning to run off.
"Y/N, stop! It's too dangerous!" Talos and Fury try to stop you, Talos grabbing your shoulder.
You rip yourself from his grasp. "I'll be alright, you need to get yourselves out of here." You say before running off to find Carol.