(Avengers) Wanda Maximoff x (Depressed) Reader

Contest between Redraideryboi
Warnings: angst, self harm
(Sorry for all the angst I'll try to include fluff as well)

You just got recruited to the Avengers. You don't understand why, you're nothing special, you have no powers, no family, no friends; why you?

Oh, that's right. You used to be an escaped experiment of HYDRA. But that was forever ago. You changed your name and your old self disappeared of the planet. Now, you're Y/N L/N, your parents does in a car accident, and your sibling(s) died of cancer. Sad. Very sad.

But you have a job at the local zoo, taking care of the animals, mostly one on one. Whenever there's a problem, they send you in to help calm and/or distract the animals. You seem to be an animal whisperer.

Now you're making your way to Stark Tower, wondering why they chose you. You've hidden who you used to be very carefully and you've done your best to successfully stay low and live a normal life. You do still suffer from trauma from HYDRA, having nightmares pretty much every time you sleep, anxiety and depression falling in and out heavily. But no one knows anything about you, except for the made up story about your family.

You contemplate turning around and heading back home, but you can help save people. But, then again, you can't save everyone. You press on to the tower.

You reach the doors and step through, a computerized voice rings out to greet you. "Hello, name and business please?"

"Um, Y-Y-N L/N. I'm the new recruit?" You mentally curse yourself for stuttering to a computer.

"Ah, Yes. Mr. Stark is on his way to meet with you. In the meantime, please feel free to have a seat."

"Thank you..." you trail off.

"JARVIS." The Computer finishes.

"JARVIS, thank you."

"No problem. Mr. Stark is ready to see you."

"Thank you JARVIS, I'll take it from here." A male voice rings out.

A man steps in front of you, holding out his hand for you to shake. "Stark. Tony Stark. You must be our new recruit, Y/N L/N."

"Y-Yes. I am."

"Great, shall I introduce the team to you?"

Tony leads you to the elevator and takes you up. The elevator dings and the doors slide open to reveal a slightly chaotic scene of the living space of the floor.

Tony clears his throat, grabbing everyone's attention. "Everyone, this is the new recruit, Y/N L/N." Tony introduces. "Y/N, this is Steve Rogers, Clint Barton, Bruce Banner, Natasha Romanoff, Thor, Vision, and the Maximoff twins: Wanda and Pietro." He introduces.

You give a shy wave to them, shyly brushing a stray lock of your H/C hair behind your ear.

Introductions were made and you were shown around the tower, given a room, and accepted into the team. No one seemed to suspect a thing, yet something still felt off about the whole atmosphere. Your anxiety starts to bubble to the surface a little at the discomfort felt throughout the room. You seriously wonder if joining them was a bad idea, or even if they knew about your past which you've tried so hard to push away and forget. You push the feelings aside and force yourself to act normal, not bringing anything up, only speaking when you're spoken to.

Weeks pass and the atmosphere just grows more tense. You and Wanda have started to talk more with each other and hang out more, Pietro joining you most of the times. They seemed to be like you, someone to relate to. They lost their family to a bomb in their house before being taken by HYDRA and experimented on as well. They had gone through a lot. You never revealed to them about your past through.