Ten - Mark

"You don't mind me recording this, do you?" Brittney asks as I walk in and sit on the chair. I shake my head, running my hand over my face, feeling the beard that I need to get rid of soon. "Why don't we start with your name and what you did before all of this?" She asks and I nod my head.

"I'm Mark, I was an engineer." I say to her and she nods her head.

"Lisa says you've been with the group for a long time." She says and I nod my head.

"Why do you want to know what we were?" I ask and she gives me a smile.

"We have a system here, people work their jobs, pull their weight." She says and I nod my head. "Why do you want to be here Mark? Why do you think you should be here?"

I rolled my eyes at her. "We need this place. All of us, we've been through a Hell that you wouldn't be able to even dream os. We need this to finally take a breath." I say, looking down at my hands. "What do you want from us?" I asked her, playing with the ring in my hands. It was only an amount of time before we were safe and something big happened.

"The people here, they can't protect themselves against something like the outside. They don't know what's out those walls, you and your people do. They need people like you to show them how the world has changed." She answers. "I want you to help us survive. I know you can help us do that."

"How? You don't know me." I say to her and she nods her head.

"I am exceptionally good at reading people. If I didn't win reelection, I was going to be a professional poker player." She says and I scoff. "I'm not kidding." She says.

"You want to know what we all were before this right?" I ask and she nods her head. "Before all of this doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that one of us is an actress or was in the military. What matters is right now and right now, we're survivors." I says and she smiles.

"You're people just like before." She says and I shake my head.

"No, we're not the same people that we once were, we've done things to people that deserved it." I tell her, standing up from my seat. "We're done, I'll send Lynne in."