Sixteen - Luna

It was a smart idea, staying in one house on our first night here. We don't know these people and that's how we're going to stay. Everyone already picked out a spot in the main living room for where they're going to sleep.

I smiled at Lynne, who came out of the bathroom, toothbrush in hand. "How long was I in there for?" She asked, making me shake my head.

"Like 20 minutes." I say, leaning against the wall. Lynne laughed a bit, shaking her head.

"I couldn't stop brushing." She said, looking to me. I chuckle a bit, looking to Mark then to the door as a knock came to it.

I instinctively reached for my gun at the sound of the knock. Walking over, I opened the door and my smile fell a bit at seeing Brittney in the doorway.

"Luna, I--wow." She trailed off, looking at me with my cut hair and now clean self. I rolled my eyes a bit. "Listen, I-I don't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to stop by and see how you were all settling--"

She stopped when she looked past me and saw all of our group in the room, settled in for the night.

"Oh, my. Staying together. Smart." She said and both Lynne and I lost our smiles as she talked.

"No one said we couldn't." Mark said and she looked to him.

"You said you're a family. That's what you said. Absolutely amazing to me how people with completely different backgrounds and nothing else in common can become that. Don't you think?"

"Everybody said you gave them jobs." Mark said and Brittney nodded her head.

"Yeah. Part of this place. Looks like the communists won after all." She laughed and Mark smiled.

"Well, you didn't give me one."

"I have." She said, "I just haven't told you yet. Same with Lynne. I'm closing in on something for Madelyn. And I'm just trying to figure Mr. Trends out, but I will." She said and I looked to Jinxx for a moment before looking back to her. She looked to Mark and smiled. "You look good." She said before leaving.