Fourteen - Luna

For the first time in a while I was clean. Dirt and blood no longer covering me head to toe. Steam had filled the room and fogged up the mirror. Reaching up, I wipe away the fog from the mirror and get a good look at myself.

My gaze was on the faded bruises that were on my neck and the old cuts that were on my face. Faded bruises and scars covered my torso and a scarred over bullet wound that sat in my leg.

It was easy to tell we've been through Hell just by looking at us. Bags under our eyes and the cuts that covered my arms. It was the marks of Hell and Earth.

Opening the cabinet, I pull out a pair of scissors and an electric razor, making me smile at the thought of getting Mark to trim his beard later on. I look at myself in the mirror again, this time stuck on the scar that stretches across my eye.

I reach my hand up, gently tracing it before sighing. Water fell softly from the shower head, keeping the room warm as I picked up the scissors and started to cut.

=-=

Opening the door, I take my leather jacket off the hook and drape it on a chair in the room. I look to the bed and laugh a bit, seeing Mark, sprawled out on the bed.

He smiled at me as I ran a hand through my now cut hair. "Hey." I say with a smile, climbing on the bed next to him. He smiles, closing his eyes when I run my hand through his hair.

"Hey." He says, reaching up and pulling my hand to his lips, pressing a kiss to the knuckles that I had yet to wrap. "I love your hair." He says and I smile, placing a kiss to his forehead with a smile.

"You need to shower." I say to him and he frowns a bit. "Don't give me that look." I say, laying down on the bed next to him. "Go shower, I'll be here. If I'm awake or not is a whole nother story." I say, making him smile and shake his head, taking his clothes and a towel and walking into the bathroom, door closing behind him.

I reach up and play with my dog tags, looking to the ceiling with small smile on my face. The water in the bathroom started up and I let out a sigh.

"I wish you were here Caleb." I say, gripping my tags. "You'd love it here. You'd love everything about it. You'd tell me to stop being an idiot and to not get soft, I know what I'm doing, don't worry. You'd tell me to not let them down. . .I think I am though. Mark says I'm not but I think that's just him being nice. I'm not the leader they want, or need. "That's crazy" is what you'd say, I know you Caleb. . .Or I knew you Caleb." I say, wiping the tears from my eyes before turning in the bed, my eyes closing and falling asleep.