Twelve - Luna

"I don't like it." I muttered, leaning against the side of the house. Mark stood to my right and Madelyn stood to my left. Almost everyone went through the whole interview thing and now we were left waiting for Bella and Jinxx.

"Why not?" Mark asked, making me look to him. I looked back forward with a sigh, my hand reaching up and playing with my tags. "We're gonna make this place work." He says, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"We will." Madelyn says, looking to us. "But a place this nice can't be real. There has to be something, maybe an outside settlement threat, maybe they're being threatened by people, dead people coming back to life, sasquatch?" She asks, making me and Mark laugh a bit.

Shaking my head, I lean against Mark, my head on his shoulder. "If we do stay here, we need someone on the inside, someone to be on the council or whatever the Hell it is." I say, letting out a yawn. "And we need our own houses." I added, making Madelyn laugh a bit.

"My own bed sounds so good right now." Madelyn says, rolling her shoulders at the thought. I smiled, looking towards the group to see Michael walking towards us, Lucas by his side.

"Hey, you guys ready to see where you'll be staying?" He asks and we nod our heads, I stand up straight, letting my hand lock with Mark's just in case. Michael leads us up the street, the rest of the group staying and waiting for Jinxx and Bella.

We come to a stop in front of two nice looking houses. "These are ours?" I asked, looking to Michael. He nodded his head with a smile as I walked up the stairs to the door, Mark behind me and Madelyn going to check the other house.

I place my crossbow and katana by the door as we walked in. I pass Mark as he looks around the living room, and make my way up the stairs. My footsteps are quiet and slow as I'm half expecting a walker to pop out if I made to much noise at all.

I made my way through the upstairs, looking through the different rooms that the house had. It was like a dream come true. This place was what I'd always dreamed of having.

It was almost too much to believe. Like I'd open my eyes and I'd be back at the barn in Rick's arms. But that wasn't the case here at all, this was our reality.

Slowly, I walked through the halls and looked at the paintings that were hung up in the hallway. Reaching my hand up, I placed it on the wall and dragged it as I walked along to another room.

It was the master bedroom. I walked in, my gaze landing on a full body mirror. This was the first time I got a proper look at myself. My hair was long, longer than I would like it to be. Dirt and blood covered my skin along with a faded bruising around my neck.

I looked at my tags as they hung from around my neck, jumping when two arms wrapped around my waist. I looked up to see it was Mark, his head on my shoulder.

I smiled, placing my hands over his. "You're so beautiful." He says, using one hand to move my hair and kisses along my neck. I gasp a bit, biting my lip when he bites down on my weak spot, letting a moan escape my lips.

Turning in his arms, I press my lips to his. It started gentle, before he began to make it more passionate, running his hands through my hair and pulling on it so a soft moan escaped my lips.

I could feel his smirk against my lips as his hands traveled down to my side, him digging his nails on my hips and leaving kisses to trail down to my neck, the soft skin blushing red.

"You're so fucking beautiful," he growled between kisses. I moaned louder, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Mark." I moaned out, my eyes shutting as his hands move down from my waist to my ass. "Mark, baby, we can't, not now." I say, gripping his hair and holding him to my collarbone.

"You say no, but your body says yes." He says, sucking on a spot, drawing a loud moan from me before I pull him back by the hair and kissing him.

"When we know this place is safe, then we can." I say, breathing heavily as I set my forehead against his.

"Fine." He says, pressing a kiss to my lips. "I love you." He says and I smile, pecking his cheek.

"I love you too." I say, pulling away from him. "Now, I don't know about you, but ima be one of the first to take a shower." I say, holding up my hand when he goes to speak. "No, you may not join me." I say with a smirk as I grab clothes and a towel and walk into the bathroom.