Thirty-Three - Lynne

Glancing around, I took a deep breath at the sight of a large building off the corner of the opening of Arkadia. Lucas and Michael took us there, our guns drawn in case something were to happen.

I still had Michael in my sight, my eyes locked in front of me. His eyes were full of an unscathed fear, his sensationless breaths turning into angry scoffs. "Alright, so tell us. What the Hell do they do to people here?"

Lucas and Michael fell silent at once, but eventually settled for a sigh. "They tear them apart and then they put them in a grinder. They let 'em bleed out as they take off their limbs." Lucas said quietly. I felt fear itch itself in my skin, worry engrossing my features.

"What?" I asked, "What happens in the grinder?"

Michael gave Lucas a pointed look to shut up before he ruined everything, but of course - he continued to go. "They turn them into food. Mix 'em with the food we already have."

A shiver went down my spine, "Are you kidding?" Luna asked, interrupting my thoughts of disgust and appall.

Shaking his head, Lucas lead us to a door. "We've been running out of food for a while now. About six months or so. The council said we didn't have enough livestock to survive to winter, so they started making some decisions. Taking out the weak, taking out the young. Like--."

"Auschwitz." I continued, shaking my head, "for fuck's sake. . . who the Hell do they think they are?"

Luna's eyebrows ruffled, "But Jinxx isn't weak. Or young. How the Hell did they decide to choose him?" She asked skeptically.

Michael shrugged, "Probably his attitude. He's got a loud mouth and he

acts like such a dickhead, that they figured they didn't need him. Not with people like Mark around. It just didn't fit in."

"Madelyn's an asshole but they keep her."

"They don't usually take out girls. It's a rule they have or something like that. If they take out girls, they have to be old or young." Lucas continued.

I raised an eyebrow in disgust of the thought of someone like Bella getting put inside the food we ate, merely irritated at the thought of us not being able to save Jinxx in time. "And how the Hell do you know all of this?" I asked, "What? Are you a part of the council too?"

Lucas became flustered, shaking his head, "What? No. Those guys are fucking assholes, I'd never be a part of their crew. I just know about this because they. . ." He paused, "it was my little brother. They took him out."

His voice cracked a bit, silence lingering in the air. Though I felt bad for him, I couldn't bring myself to look in his direction before the door was being swung open by Luna, her python in the air and pointing it through the building.

"B-Be careful--." Michael said, quickly getting interrupted by her as I followed hesitantly, her hand up in the air to stop them from talking.

It was silent for a second besides our breaths and the cocking of the gun as Luna heard something snap.

And then there was a groan.