Twenty-Eight - Luna

"Fucking asshole of a friend you got right there Michael, ditching us." I growled, this being one of the first thing that I'd said since we started to walk. I was ahead of Lisa and Michael, Lisa helping him walk with his bad leg.

Michael didn't say anything, letting me go off as I pleased. I gripped my katana in my left hand, my right shoulder no doubt dislocated. Not that I didn't trust Lisa, but when she offered to pop it back in I declined, not trusting myself that I could keep quiet.

"How long of a trip is it back on foot?" Lisa asked Michael, making me glance back at them with a sigh.

"About two days, one if we could run there." He says and I let out a groan, glaring at the walker that was coming towards us. The walker hadn't done anything to us, not in the slightest, it was just doing the only thing it knew how to do.

Walk and find food. That's all they do and that's all they could do. With a grunt, I lift my left arm and slash at the walker, the head slicing in half and the body hitting the floor.

"Guess we should hurry then huh?" I asked, my eyes locked on the road as we went.

"It's a straight shot if we keep to the road, I know where to go." Michael says and I nod my head, tightening my grip on the katana as we went, watching the night set in.We didn't stop at all, walking was all we could do.

It didn't help that we had to carry heavy backpacks on us with the supplies that Lynne needs for the community. It just made me want to get there quicker. The sooner that we get to Arkadia the sooner i get to kick Miller's ass for leaving us behind.

All my mind could do was fill with the thoughts and possible lies that Miller told everyone at the community. That we had died, eaten by walkers never to be seen again.

The it was the reactions that the group no doubt had, making me shiver in my leather jacket as we walked. There were moments were we'd snap at each other, tired of the others presence as a whole, most of the time it'd end with the walker that was coming towards us, drawn in from all the yelling.

Days seemed to pass by though it was only two that went by and by the third day I wanted to shoot myself as a whole. "Day three." I breathed out, watching the sun rise from behind the trees. All I wanted was to sleep, to go to bed with Mark and never get up ever again.

"Day three." Lisa replied, out of breath as she walked beside me, the two of us helping Michael. "Look." Lisa said, sleep filled her voice like it did mine.

I followed her gaze and almost tripped at the sight of the Arkadia wall in the nearing distance. I smiled, looking to Lisa and Michael before a yawn left me. "Come on." I say, picking up my pace with Lisa, Michael nearly making all three of us fall.

Up on the wall was a girl I didn't think I was gonna see again. Madelyn. She pointed her gun at us before I gasped in pain and raised my right hand to her, letting Michael sit down as we reached the gate. Lisa sat down beside him and I swayed on my feet.

Madelyn disappeared from view and I fell to the floor, leaning my head on Michael's shoulder with a grunt of pain. The gates opened before us and Madelyn came running out along with Blake and some of the Arkadians.

They rushed to look us over and I grabbed Madelyn's wrist, getting her attention. We locked eyes and I spoke with my broken voice. "Where are our people?"