Thirty-Eight - Luna

It's hard for people to adjust to something new. I like to think that it's because people are scared of what they don't understand, it's hard to get used to something after only knowing one way of doing things.

I guess that's why we got backlash for the new council. It's better than the last one that's for sure. But it's hard for people who are loyal but the backlash has gotten to the extreme levels.

It was time to set an example with the first big move of the council. First big rule was to set people straight, anyone that was to fight against the council would be meant with judgement.

Today they passed judgement on Jackson Miller, the man who had, a week ago, left Lisa, Michael, and myself for dead. Along with that he's been planning against the council and for that he's been sentenced to death, and I get the pleasure of doing that.

We took Miller, chained his hands behind his back, and lead him out of Arkadia, far into the woods. He was gagged as to not draw attention with noise. Mark walked with me, rifle in his hands while I lead Miller with my python pressed to the center of his back.

We got to a clearing in the middle of the woods where Mark forced him to kneel down. He knelt down, not looking at us as I loaded my python, Mark's rifle pointed at him just in case.

"Look at me." I speak, my voice cold as ice. He made no move to show that he heard me or that he was going to do what I had told him to do.

Mark cocked his rifle. "You better do as she says." He threatens and slowly, Miller tilts his head up to look at me. I met his eyes with a glare, ice and gray eyes shooting daggers.

I hold my python do my side. "Jackson Miller, for your crimes against the council, treason, murder, and many more. The council has passed judgement on you and has condemned you to execution by me, one of the many people you have tried to kill." I speak, holding my python up to be between his eyes. "You are to keep eye contact with me; I will be the last person that you see. I want to see the life leave your eyes. You will not be buried, you will not turn, you will not be mourned."

He keeps his eyes locked with me. Nothing. He shows nothing at all, no fear, no anger, nothing. This was all a joke to him, I could tell, he had the same look that James had when Caleb beat him half to death.

"You are not in control here, I am. Any last words?" I asked, cocking my python.

Mark moved forward, removing the cloth from his mouth. "Fuck you." He says and I smirk at him. "You can kill me, but do you really think that'll stop people? It won't." He says and I shake my head.

"You really don't know who you're messing with." I say, pulling the trigger. The gunshot rings out through the forest and I watch as his body falls to the floor, eyes open and blood running down his face.

I pull my python to my lips, blowing the end before holstering it. Without hesitation, I turn on my heel and walk away, Mark beside me, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. He leaned over, his breath against my ear. "I'll say this now, you looked so hot just now." He says, stopping me while we were walking, pressing a kiss to my neck.

I smiled, pulling him away by his hair. "You and me, our house, our room, all alone. No interruptions of anyone needing us, no one worrying. Just you and me." I breathe out against his lips.

Mark let out a groan, grabbing my hand in his and leading me off towards Arkadia. I smiled and laughed as he did so.