Thirty-Five - Lynne

Everything goes in slow motion when something traumatic happens. It really does. It's as if someone is running in a movie and then all of the sudden someone just pauses it. The breaths hitch in your throat, your stomach turns at the sight, and your eyes gloss over like marbles.

You can't think of anything - you can't even acknowledge what is happening. All you care about, in that moment, is breathing. And even then, you really don't care about breathing. Because somehow, if your life halts - you wouldn't mind it. Because, like I said, everything goes in slow motion - like it is all a movie.

Just a movie.

That's all it was.

It was just a fucking movie. Him collapsing to the ground, his lifeless eyes locking themselves into mine as all the memories of what he had become flashed through my head. It was just a movie that wasn't real. None of this was fucking real.

His body lay so content - his eyes still staring up at the ceiling and his mouth open where little teeth resided. Dried blood was down his skin and even lowly in the space where his arms were. There was no chance of survival. He was dead before he turned.

That was the scariest part of the movie - seeing the expression he had. So somber, so emotionless. He was a character in a book, he was a protagonist. He wasn't real. He was never real.

That's how quick he disappeared - how Jinxx Aaron Trends stopped existing. There was no proof anymore that he ever let out a breath. There was no proof that he was ever with Caleb, or he was ever a part of our group. Jinxx Trends was dead - now all that was left was the thin remains of what he used to be.

"Luna, Lynne--." Lucas began. Luna turned around, her glossy eyes glaring into his skull before she made the move out the door, me following.

"I'm so sorry." Lucas continued, Michael not being able to bring himself to say anything. It didn't matter. I felt nothing.

Nothing but the cold air - how much I despised it and loved it all at once. It was a beautiful intoxication, yet it was rough and hoarse as it pricked itself onto my skin and left bite marks on my pale figure.

"Please, I'm sorry." Lucas continued, grabbing onto my shoulder. I flinched away from him, not even noticing the tears that were rolling down the side of my face. It was alright.

It was all a movie.

Everything was a movie. Jinxx was alright. "It's fine," I whispered out, though I knew it wasn't. I couldn't feel anything inside of my chest. Anything besides the cold air, of course, and the fear.

"Where are you going now?" Michael asked.

Luna and I kept walking forward, "To end this." She said. Her voice was cold and thin. It was as if it was planned out.

Just like a movie.