3: Arshad, Happiness riddled with...

Arshad also heard the door slam and looked at Roshnaq. The lady had worry written all over her face which she quickly masked with her hostess-smile. She asked again, "Tea Coffee Juice?" Noor returned from the kitchen and handed him a glass of cool water and headed to her room. Just as she reached the stairs she face-palmed and rushed out screaming, "I forgot to get your and Abbu's medicines"

Roshnaq: (turned to Arshad) Maybe she needs to restock my BP and Waseem's cholesterol tablets. She had taken over her Appi's chores the day Zoya fixed the date. The pharmacy is just round the corner. She will be back in a few minutes. Do you want any Tea Coffee Juice?

Arshad put his glass down and gently pulled Roshnaq towards the sofas and sat her down. He settled down next to her and took both her hands into his.

Arshad: You need to stop worrying. Just give Zoya some time to get over Aditya. Aditya meant the world to her. She will surely take some time to get over him. We need to give her that time. If you continue worrying needlessly you will need more than 3 months to get back your health. Trust me. I understand...

Arshad's cellphone buzzed. He gestured with his fingers a please-wait-sign and looked at his cellphone.

Arshad: (to Roshnaq)Sorry. Hospital.

Arshad: (answering the call) Doctor Arshad Habib here. Tell me... Yes... Ok... Yes... You know the procedure...You start with the saline...I will reach in half-hour. Keep Doctor ...

Roshnaq stopped listening and went away to the window ledge seating. Arshad joined her a few minutes later.

Arshad: We will have this conversation some other time. You stop worrying about Zoya. I will see to it that Aditya does not bother Zoya ever again. Just trust me and give me some time. If Aditya does not mend his ways I will go back to London with Zoya. Now I will see myself out. You don't have to get all formal with me. Sorry about dinner. Bye and no worrying. (and added sternly) Doctors orders.

As Arshad left he hoped he had calmed Roshnaq down. Her BP chart worried him. As he walked towards his car he saw someone slip away into the shadows. Was someone tampering with his car? Arshad shook his head. He was getting paranoid after the Janmashtami drama at the Hoodas. Still he looked around and spotted Noor coming round the corner violently jabbing at her cellphone. That girl was always in a foul mood. He tried to wave out to her but she was now scowling at her cellphone. Signs that she was best left alone.

Arshad steered the car out of the parking lot thinking about Zoya. She had his heart. It had been love at first sight for him. Clearly she had been unprepared for their first meeting but had been polite nevertheless. Almost kind. She was modest about her success. She did not flaunt her strength or intelligence. Like her mother her thoughts were difficult to read. Also Zoya was strong and resilient though she appeared fragile in body and mind. He hated to admit it but Aditya knew her so well. He had called her timeless and...

 He had called her timeless and

PC: Apourusheya

@apparition_blue

Aditya! How he hated Aditya. That guy had messed his dear Zoyas life. From the happy girl he had first met, Aditya had reduced Zoya to a nervous wreck in a few days. Arshad considered himself a good judge of character but he could not have been more wrong about Aditya. Arshad had all along thought Aditya meant well. All that weird behavior he had put down to a good protective friend looking after interests of a better friend. But Aditya had turned out to be just another spoilt rich brat who always wanted his way. Waseem had warned Arshad that Zoya was gullible and people took advantage of her kindness. Her ex-husband had married her for money and had intended to ditch her later. Zoya had barely recovered from the double trauma of his betrayal and death while Aditya had abused her vulnerability.

Aditya's plotting and scheming aside, his violent outbursts worried Arshad. Arshad had dismissed their first fisticuff as a misunderstanding but was now having second thoughts. And Aditya cared little for collateral damages. Zoya could have lost her life in the riots. And Aditya claimed he loved her. The glass pieces and nails in the Janmashtami pot could have also injured the Govinda boys. Aditya had injured Zoya's ring finger just to defer her engagement to Arshad.

Despite all this Zoya still cared deeply for Aditya. Arshad could only admire her forgiving nature. Zoya still kept her side of the deal of being a good friend. Her reaction to Aditya's injured finger and later her reaction to the false accident news was evidence enough.

And worse... when they bumped into old acquaintances, Aditya was always mentioned. Just 2 days ago, they met this delightfully funny sweet midge of a girl and her harassed spouse. Now what was their name. Yes #Ro-Ella. Zoya's first clients at Zosh.

Bella:
Hey Zo! (looking like she won a lottery)
How r u? (looking ecstatic)
Whats new! (looking bored)
I heard Adi gave some guy a bloody nose (looking pumped and throwing air punches)
Someone got fresh with you (looking protective and concerned)
Adi is #BFGoals. (looking askance at Rohan)
Oooooooooooooooooh!
Is that an engagement ring! (eyes popping)
I was on whatsapp with Adi yesterday. (looking confused)
He didn't tell me anything (looking super dejected then angry)
I only asked details of the pub brawl (looking lost)
But he said he was so drunk that he remembers little (looking more lost)
Wait till I blast him (back to looking very angry)
But first let me hug you (looking truly happy)

By the time Zoya could escape the hug while sputtering explanations and Bella's poor Ro of a husband could bring Bella's attention to Arshad standing amused and waiting for the air to clear, Bella had dialed Aditya's number. Zoya snatched Bella's cellphone and cut the call in super haste and introduced Arshad. While Rohan covered for both of them, Bella had stared at Arshad like she had suddenly noticed the green-goblin behind Zoya. As Rohan beat a hasty retreat, dumbstruck Bella kept looking back at Zoya with the most tragic expression.

Arshad's happiness had been riddled with such incidents. This Bella-scene in spirit had been repeated with slightly varying effects on several occasions and had been on the rise these last 2-3 days. Each time Zoya took it worse than the last one. It looked like Aditya had given his world the impression that Aditya and Zoya were a couple. Aditya was a super jerk of the first order.

 Aditya was a super jerk of the first order

PC: Apourusheya
@apparition_blue

Zosh employees seemed to take the worst brunt. Though they were camp Zoya, they had to tolerate Aditya's tantrums as he was the biggest stakeholder in Zosh and their jobs were at his mercy. Arshad felt sorry for the lot. But they took it bravely managing to keep Aditya in good humour.

He reached the Hospital, parked his car and rushed up the staff entrance. The door opened and he bumped into Arjun Hooda. Arjun tried to say something but Arshad just said "Emergency" and rushed past him. Arjun called after him, "Tomorrow 10am okay with you? It is about the new ward". Arshad managed to shout a "Fine", before disappearing round the bend.