47: Plot derailed

Noor was super amused.

2 cellphones had buzzed in the car at almost the same time. Both calls were from SA. Yet after guessing who the callers were Noor was willing to bet all her hitherto nonexistent life savings that their aftereffects would be class apart and the overall hostilities at camp SA will be maintained.

One call was from Abbu. He had called to confirm if Arshad was with Zoya. After that Abbu would have stopped worrying and Noor was sure there would be no more calls from him. It was no matter whether Noor was living or dead, flying or crawling to SA, that it was not safe to drive so late for man or woman, etc. All that was important was Zoya was with Arshad.

Actually Abbu was just plain lucky that Clu had given up on delaying Aditya's car till Arjun's car caught up at any common point en route else it would have been a hat trick of Abbu's derailed plans.

Clu had not shared her plans with Noor. But one seasoned schemer could smell a fellow schemer and see past their innocent acts.

Clu had texted her all afternoon. At around 4:30pm Arjun had texted, "Leaving after 6pm. Arshad on emergency duty". Few minutes later Clu had texted, "C u directly at Sanjus". Then the Clu line had gone all quiet.

In Noor's world the tag line was, "Hum woh hai jo Do aur Do Panch bana de"; so putting two and two together...

Noor smiled secretly. She was recalling all Abbu's failed plans.

Abbu Plan#1 Status: Failed.
Late night after Hoodas 35th wedding anniversary party, she remembered Abbu repeatedly dissuading Ammi from calling Appi. He wanted Appi to spend some quality time with Arshad and had not allowed Ammi to disturb them. Noor had been shocked and disappointed that Abbu and Ammi had let Appi hang out with Arshad all night long. They hardly knew Arshad then.

But the stars in the heavens had conspired and Abbu had abetted

But the stars in the heavens had conspired and Abbu had abetted. Thus Appi and Aditya's first unofficial overnight date with Abbu's misplaced blessings had been uninterrupted till early morning. Arjun had been right. God helps those who help themselves.

Abbus Plan #2 Status: ?
Abbus's lunch dawaat at their home. No. That had gone neither this way nor that! It had gone somewhere else!

 That had gone neither this way nor that! It had gone somewhere else!

Abbus Plan #3 Status: Failed.
Yesterday Abbu had forced Appi to take a day long holiday from work. Reason? Same! Exclusive quality time with Arshad! Know the Habibs better. And?

Appi had spent most of her morning with the Hoodas, afternoon with new friends and very little of either with Arshad. And Noor knew Appi had spent almost every moment of the 24 hours and more thinking about Aditya. So though she had been physically next to Arshad her mind heart and soul had been with Aditya all the time. Yeah!

Abbus Plan #4 Status: Success.
Today they had been permitted to attend work only so that Appi could travel with Arshad who could not have taken the day off. It would have been awesome if Clu's plan had succeeded.

But never mind it was like the kala teeka to ward of any evil eye on Appi and Aditya for the rest of the weekend.

Noor knew this weekend was special and crucial. She prayed for Aditya and Appi.

Noor knew Clu and Sanju were upto something. Both had been in touch with her since lunch keeping tabs on their travel plans and progress or rather complete lack of progress. She was not sure how much Flu was involved.

If Clu was shipping Appi and Aditya then... Noor smiled. Appi was one sautan less. No two. She could rule out Flu also. And she had ruled out Sanju earlier. And hopefully that new possibility that had turned up today morning also would be no more a threat.

Score: Zero sautans.

Clu also seemed a go-getter choosing and dropping her battles wisely. Team Aditya-Appi was getting stronger and smarter.

Noor checked the time. They were very late. The rest of the folks must have reached SA by 7pm.

Arshad had his uses. For once Noor mentally thanked Arshad grudgingly for delaying their schedule.

Noor had not only been able to clock a full day at work but could also shop for the weekend. It had been such a huge relief.

Noor just did not have the pluck to ask her grouchy boss for any more full or half-leaves or early EODs after her midweek unplanned unapproved break. Though her boss seemed rattled after meeting AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa!