77: Game Arcade

The Game Arcade spread as far as her eye could see.

From where she stood Noor could see a few pool tables, foosball tables and a huge bowling alley... That's where they spotted Arjun and Adi.

A Game Arcade is like a time machine. A few moments later when Noor would look at her watch it would be a good one hour later.

Flu wanted Zoya to be just herself for sometime. Not the girl Zoya had discovered and honed to fight all odds chin up. Not the Zoya who put others before self. Not the Zoya who was coming to terms with her heart's true desire while struggling to be a good daughter.

Flu wanted to be with the little princess inside every girl and the little princess in Zoya had been neglected for some time now.

Flu dragged Zoya from one game to another. Soon the others cottoned on. No words were exchanged. No plans were made. Everyone just focused on Zoya having a good time. Flu set such a pace that Zoya and Adi had no time to stop and feel awkward.

After tinkering with all the machines it was time for Clu's favorite 3 games: foosball, air hockey and bowling.

But Zoya had never seen a foosball table before. But she was excited. Adi looked amused and that infuriated Zoya.

Arjun and Noor gave Zoya a crash course. Sanju and Flu were her cheerleaders. It was not very clear if Clu was helping or confusing Adi but she had declared herself Team Adi and proved MVP for Team Zoya.

Arjun couldn't believe it when Bhai lost to Zoya at foosball. It didn't look like he threw away the game. He did put a tough fight.

But the smile on Bhai's face when Zoya put up her hands and all the girls went YEEAAAAAH, Arjun was not sure what had happened though he was Zoya's coach. Zoya like any beginner had just been spinning wild. Arjun was shocked she had not hit the ball back into her side of the goal.

Arjun had no proof; it was crazy zippy; but he strongly suspected Bhai had thrown his goals open and defended hers against herself. But they were all playing to win. Win Zoya's smile. And also it was nice to be on Noor's team for a change.

Zoya needed no training at the Air Hockey table. Noor had trained her in happier times. There was more shrieking and shouting than playing. Luckily there were few others and they did not mind.

Zoya forgot herself and proved a most aggressive cheerleader for the girls. She loved to cheat and troubled Arjun and Adi if the girls weren't winning. She would elbow them by mistake or poke them or hold their wrist or just shriek/sneeze for no reason at key moments. Then make such an innocent face that even her victims would burst out laughing. The girls were getting high on adrenaline and anyways guffawing for anything and everything; without rhyme or reason.

 The girls were getting high on adrenaline and anyways guffawing for anything and everything; without rhyme or reason

The happiness barometer just hit the roof.

Clu slipped her palm into Flu's and they held on in joy. They had been yearning to see this Zoya who had tricked Adi into chucking his exile. The Zoya who had anchored Adi home. The bubbly happy girl he had spoken of with pride on their first day in Mumbai. And they especially liked how she quarrelled with him. Whatever niggling tiny doubts that they had about Adi being  blind in her love were busted. Adi had lost his heart and got a better one in return.

Adi and Zoya were a match. Their joie de vivre was a match. They deserved each other and an *And they lived happily everafter* life.

Flu got what she wanted. She wanted to remind Zoya that...

When Zoya was simply herself how easily happy she was with Adi

Just in case she had forgotten how that happiness felt.

Mission accomplished. It was a bittersweet dose but much needed.

At the bowling alley, they had started off in earnest and focused on their own pins but that got boring after a fashion. Ruining others strike with verbal-distractions was more fun. Soon the balls hit the gutter more often than coming anywhere close to the pins. Their shrieks got louder. They played more *catch-me-if-u-can* than bowling. This is when the true pros kept their form. It just did not matter what you said or did (short of tickling her) when Clu played she always rolled a strike; she was the reigning Turkey Queen.

Clu: (arms raised) YooHoo!

(Shout) Hello! Look who's here!