85: Taxi Mood

Everyone was on the edge in the taxi...

Including the driver... he sensed the hostility in his taxi and it made the poor sensitive meek soul very nervous...

The top question on everyone's mind including Zoya's was:
What impulse had driven Zoya to travel back with them?

Other immediate concerns were slightly varied...
A sample of thoughts...

Driver: Why is no one talking...

Arjun: This man drives like a maniac...aaaaahh

Adi: Surely this man is an ex-ambulance-driver...aaaaaahhh

Arshad:
Arshad:
Arshad:
Arshad:

Okay! Got it.
Arshad was incapacitated by terror and incapable of thinking anything.

Zoya sat mute with worried glazed eyes glued to the window; hand on her mouth.
Zoya: (to herself, praying hard) God please please please.... Please hear my prayers... Hope Aditya has removed his wet bandages. And can everyone please stop staring at me...

Adi: (wondering to himself) Why has Zoya become Zombie Zoyaaaaaaah...

Zoya sensed all 4 pair of eyes on her so she kept her eyes riveted on the window but her thoughts were soaked in wet bandages infected with chemicals pollutants and disease; crawling with germs...

Arjun could sense she was restless. She kept fidgeting in her seat; unable to sit still; wringing her hands or subconsciously covering her mouth.

Arjun moved to give her more space. He worried his infected proximity maybe the cause of her jitters. After all she was Noor's Appi.

Adi: (irritated) Arjun! Aaa-naa! Direct mere god mein ghus jaa... Aaa!

Arjun: Sorry Bhai! I...

Zoya shuffled and pulled Arjun away from Adi giving him space.

Adi: (on seeing Zoya crushed in the corner) Chut ki bimaari nahi hai... I am not an untouchable!.

Arjun: (tired and exhausted) Bhai! Aap chaahate kyaa hai!!!

Adi glared at him.

As Arjun moved towards Bhai, Zoya grabbed his arm to stop him. But Adi grabbed Arjun and yanked him so that Zoya was comfortable again. Arjun put his head in his hands with elbows on knees and prayed for patience.

But Adi and Arjun never stayed grumpy for long and vented it out with wisecracks. Arjun was cautious with accident jokes with Bhai but couldn't resist himself looking at Arshad who was still not quite himself. With Bhai egging him on they soon went berserk.

Arjun and Adi typed messages to each other on their cellphones and exchanged the cellphones.

Arjun:
👀 Arshad

Adi:
🤣😂🤣😂😂😂

Adi:
Driver
Mad man
🤔Noor finds them?
🤔They find Noor?

When the maniac did not slow down at the bends...
Arjun:
😱😱😱😱😱
Looks and talks like
Alok Nath
But drives like
Vin Diesel

Adi:
😂🤣😂🤣😂
V stil not on highway
Imagine what when

Arjun:
X ambulance driver
I sure
I bet

Adi:
🤔How u kno his X?

Arjun:
😠😤😾🤬

Adi:
🤔What weed he smoke last?