87: Healing

The video was on loop.

A half-dressed Adi's eyes were glued to the screen; watching Ma and Pa *Swing*.

Noor had shared the video via bluetooth. Sometimes technology exhibited human traits such as compatibility issues. They had been lucky their cellphone bluetooths had paired without issue.

Adi was also applying a transparent gel from his post-tattoo-care kit to his wrist. He had finished applying the gel on his tattoo just below his left shoulder. He waited for both to absorb and dry hence his shirtless state.

Clu had procured the post-tattoo-care kit overnight from one of her SouthEast Asian labs. She hadn't been happy with the local post-tattoo-care.

A dry laugh escaped Adi when he remembered Zoya's face when she had seen the bandage he had wound for cushioning his wrist from direct pressure.

Clu said it was a bad idea so he had removed it later in the day. Her kit had bandages that could breathe and his wrap interfered. Whatever!

Adi quickly looked up as the door clicked open. Arjun pushed open the door with his back and entered the room balancing 2 full mugs.

Arjun put down the mugs, kicked the door shut and helped Adi with the rest of the steps in the post-tattoo-care kit.

Arjun swabbed 3 different colour coded wet wipes with volatile disinfectants on each wound in a specific order. The last step was to place a medicated dressing on the wound and hold it in place using transparent skin-friendly-adhesive tapes that let skin breathe.

The only inconvenience was the excessive sweating in tropical climates. It interfered with the skin-adhesives which were designed to peel off when moistened with water. To which Clu had replied that that was exactly why the product was still stuck in the lab and not in the market.

Adi had then worried if he was a guinea pig for her labs. But then he remembered she used the stuff on herself as well and relaxed a little.

Thanks to the kit Adi's tattoos were healing fast, conveniently and less painfully.

Adi: Thanks

Arjun: Waah! Why so formal! Bhai!

Adi shook his head. He wasn't in his full senses.

Adi had heard Zoya knock on Arshad's door just as Arjun entered. That knock was like a punch on his face. Arshad's name on her lips was like a knife to his heart. When he had heard that door shut but did not hear her footsteps retreating, that knife had plunged even deeper. Every minute she spent in that room the knife turned in his wounded heart and hurt some more.

Arjun: (concerned) Hurts a lot? Is that normal?

Adi: (teasing Arjun to distract himself) A lot! You sure you still want a tattoo...

Arjun: Of course! The deal was to do this together...

Adi: I know. I know. Clu just dared me and... But better this way... You can now decide if it's worth the pain... And if you like the outcome...

Arjun: I hope they look the same after they heal; both are very clever. (Arjun smiled)

Adi: If it's so obvious then how are they clever?

Arjun: I love them. I want exactly the same.

Adi: (caught ya) Why?

Arjun: (not exactly a lie but...) I like them very much

Adi: (pointed to below his left shoulder with his right hand) Clu designed this. (pointed to his right wrist with the left hand) Flu designed this

Arjun: Both designs are very clever. They are into tattoos? I didn't see any on them.