38: Spinoff - Hopeless - Flu's 7th year with Clu

(Hi - Parts 31-39 are on the spinoff characters Clu and Flu. Aditya enters their lives in part 34. To continue with the AdiYa story jump to part 41- yours truly MissWW)

--------------------------------------------------

Few days later, back in Paris over a brunch eat out Flu managed to get Ethan and Aman all to herself.

Clu was languishing at home with a massive hangover. Flu had threatened to call off the vacations if Clu did not reinstate her old birthday gift-promises. Clu had not emerged from under the covers but one hand had crept out and had raised a weak thumbs up followed by the V peace sign.

Adi was no less worse than Clu but without the luxury of missing work. He had been summoned by Uncle Grumpy at the hotel where a prestigious client was expected. Flu had dragged Adi off the bed and thrown him out. Flu wondered what sales talk Adi could pitch in the state he was in. God save the hotel.

Ever since they met, on Clu's insistence, Ethan had been setting Adi up with sweet nice girls. Aman warned them it was a complete waste of time but the 2 paid no heed.

There was an Indian boy Rishi who was soft on Clu. Clu avoided him because she did not want to break his heart by giving him any false hopes. She started dating him again only to network better with Indian girls. Adi warned Clu to stop playing with Rishi's feelings.

Using a mix of French and English, poetry and quotes, Clu convinced Adi that marriage was on the cards and solemnly promised that she would always keep Rishi happy but she needed a few months prep time. All 4 of them had snorted in their drinks and were left spluttering.

When Flu confronted Clu alone later, Clu insisted of course she was serious about both marriage and Rishi. Clu's play with words left Flu's head spinning.

So thanks to Clu and Ethan, Adi had been dating almost every evening. Not a single date progressed to after-dinner and/or a second date. But Adi ended up acquiring many casual friends who tried to set him up with their single friends.

Ethan: At this very moment a large network of girls in Paris may be plotting to set Adi up.

Aman sniggered.

Ethan: Clu should fund a website called BookYourAdiDate.com

Flu: Pleazze do not even joke about thizz. Clu will make it happen. Adi zzufferzz her enough. And why don't you guyzz leave Adi alone

Aman: (affronted) Me! What did I do?

Flu: Zzorry Aman. Not you. Ethan I cannot knock zzenzze into Clu. But you! Why don't you leave Adi alone?

Ethan: Huh! Why? It is such a noble act. Getting your friend committed (he said committed with his fingers making quote-unquote action)

Flu: Becauzze it's a fruitlezzz activity. He izz already committed (stressing on the committed) to zzomeone

Aman: I told you guyzz but no one ever...

Ethan: To that dead lady! Flu, are you serious?

Aman: Please Ethan that is no way to speak of Pooj...

Flu: No. Zzomeone elzze. (And then talking more to herself than the boys) He juzzt doezzn't know it yet. But hizz heart doezz. And it izz keeping all the other prozzpectzz at bay. (Then noticing the other 2 staring at her) Just leave him alone. Okay! (Brandishing a butter knife at them)

Aman: (shocked) Who?

Ethan: Lady! You know something we don't

Flu: Yezz!