54: Noor Sees Red

Anjana Aunty had called at exactly the same moment as Abbu. But the aftereffects of her call were the complete opposite of Abbu's call.

After AA had confirmed that Siddiqui sisters were with Arjun she had continued worrying and called with clockwork precision at regular intervals

After AA had confirmed that Siddiqui sisters were with Arjun she had continued worrying and called with clockwork precision at regular intervals. One landline at SA must be now exclusively at AA's service. When Arjun's cellphone had not buzzed for over an hour they realized they were passing through bad mobile network zones. Everyone welcomed the peace.

Their safety was more in danger when Arjun answered AA's pointless questions while driving. Did AA think the vehicle would simply self-detonate or self-combust if Zoya and Noor rode in it? And how were her calls going to prevent that from happening if it did happen. She must have driven everyone crazy now that they were not reachable.

She could imagine Hooda Uncle screaming, "Stop it Anjana". Aditya and Arjun frequently imitated their parents. The Hooda boys shared a cool relation with their parents. They followed no protocols to the point of being disrespectful. The Hooda family dynamics were kind of weird.

Arjun was driving the ___, one of the best SUVs in the country. Noor was super impressed both by the vehicle and Arjun's ease at handling its power.

They had had a bad start. They had taken over an hour to navigate past the city evening traffic. Beyond city limits too the weekend traffic to nearby smaller cities was thick. But the horrible city traffic would have any day been more bearable had Arshad kept his mouth shut.

Noor's vision blurred. She was seeing red and it was getting redder by the minute...

 She was seeing red and it was getting redder by the minute

If Arshad apologized one more time for the delay...

Noor was seated right behind him. Noor chose her options. She could break his neck in one swift move. Or she could strangle him with that AUX cable. No. She was very angry. Her rage demanded violence of an adult movie kind. Arshad's brains splattered on that windshield.

Noor closed her eyes and mentally scanned her gun rack:
Agent Hill's Glock 19 swipe...
Black Widow's Glock 26 swipe...
Director Fury's Smith & Wesson M&P 9x19mm swipe...
Agent Hawkeye's Heckler & Koch P30 swipe...
Uh! Oh!
She was travelling light...

But what was good for the Black Widow in yes... this country's slums... Firangs and Slums! Would Clu and Flu also do a slum tour?

Mental finger snap! Click!
Noor Focus!

Noor mentally loaded the Glock 26, slipped her finger round the trigger, took aim on Arshad's exposed neck between the headrest and seat and was ready to shoot at point-blank range.

Noor was ready.

Fortunately for Arshad, one cold icy look from Arjun froze his next apology before they escaped his lips and the topic met its 'The End'

The red in Noor's vision withdrew. Noor mentally returned her gun to its rack and the shelf folded on itself N times and disappeared. Noor's vision cleared and heartbeat and breathing returned to normal

The speed at which they were racing now she hoped Arjun would cover up for lost time and reach SA before 11pm.

She was very sleepy. It had been a long day.