73: Sab Kuch Wahi Hai?

Adi and Arjun were waiting in the car park.

How did the girls know?

When Zoya stepped out of the room, she had almost stepped on a huge slate with the words CAR PARK and P T O in extra-large font.  

Noor and Sanju bumped into Zoya and then craned their necks from around her trying to figure out what she was staring at. 

Zoya turned the slate. On the back there was an instruction *TAKE ME TO ADI*. And when Zoya held it up and showed it to them, the 2 girls grinned, of course behind her back.

Noor wondered how they would survive the next 2 days without mobile services. Looked like Adi had taken to carrying slate and chalk.

The girls found Aditya and Arjun monkeying around with the kids of the staff. The kids were waiting for the parked cars to leave so they could play cricket. Adi and Arjun were keeping them distracted with catch practice; small compensation for taking away their play area.

Zoya walked with Roshnaq who took her time down the slope. As they approached the car park they saw Clu Flu and Sanju race probably to the SUV parked out of sight. Arjun went after them. Noor stood by the SUV waiting at the end of the paved path. Aditya unlocked the car between catches. One kid claimed his slate from Noor.

Zoya wondered if Noor had chosen Aditya's car deliberately to avoid Arjun; or because it was the closest for Ammi.

Or because she wanted to experience a ride in this SUV model variant.
Or to quiz Aditya about the SUV features.
Or because it made sense 3 ladies to each car.
Or what worried her most... so that Zoya was forced to spend more time with Aditya.

It was more likely so that Roshnaq and Zoya wouldn't feel awkward alone with Aditya. It was more likely that the other 3 girls had decided the 2 groups without a second thought.

Zoya wondered why she was overthinking this!

Zoya was now hyper aware of Aditya. She was behaving like a fumbling affected teen in the proximity of her first crush... was she blushing. Her cheeks felt warm; could be the sun.

Aditya stopped playing, helped Roshnaq to climb into the car, walked along with Zoya around the car and opened the door for her. Aditya held his hand out to help Zoya climb in but she ignored it.

Adi: Thank you for... for... the trouble you took for my friends

Zoya: Your friends! (narrowed her eyes) Whatever I did... Noor did... we did for our (emphasis on our) friends and it was no trouble

Roshnaq looked up as Zoya brushed away his thanks and deliberately dismissed him with her harsh attitude. Did Zoya truly not realize that Aditya connected them? A simple thank-you or no-problem would have not drawn as much attention to them as this exchange had.

Zoya's embarrassment at realizing her own feelings and bashfulness and her attempts to cover that up made her rude and brusque in confusion.

Zoya: (continued curtly) Also when we girls plan their trips we will give them a heads-up... on where they need to be careful... I mean conservative... and where they can be... just as they like... and what to do when in doubt.

Adi: Thank you!

Before Zoya could refuse his thanks again, Aditya shut the door quickly but gently. In his head though, he slammed a door hard; shattering both the door and its frame.

The Zoya who had grabbed his wrist in the morning and checked his wounds had been another Zoya; Zoya with a momentary lapse in her stance; maybe her famous insaaniyat and concern-filled avatar getting the better of her. She had been so frantic she hadn't thought twice when unbuttoning his shirts and now...