14: The Inauguration

Anjana was watching Adi, Arjun, Zoya, Noor and Arshad. Adi and Arjun were coming closer again to Zoya and Noor because of that stupid boy Chintu. Sakshis' chamcha! Sakshi's wishlist for that boy had been never ending. Mother and daughter had used Hooda property like public property. It is so easy to be charitable with other people's wealth.

Pooja had cheated on Adi. And here was the entire Hooda family inaugurating a ward in her honor! What had come over Harsh! He had become putty in Adi's hands! She had no problem on father-son bonding but did not like the causes they chose to bond over.

And what was this weird crowd that Arjun had assembled for the inauguration. Why had she even come to this madness!

No media was understandable because Pooja's reputation preceded her. But not a single VIP or celebrity! Of course! Without media coverage why would a big name participate? She was just about to ask Arjun if they could just finish with this event ASAP when she saw him walk over to Arshad.

Arshad was useless. Adi would win back Zoya from under his nose and he would continue to look at Zoya with smitten eyes. Anjana was surrounded by morons.

An idea struck her as Adi cleverly tried to confuse her into lighting the lamp after cutting the ribbon. She agreed heartily. A few minutes later Arjun nearly derailed her plans.

Arjun and Arshad had a slight altercation.

Arjun: So Arshad can we discuss some issues about the new ward? We need a senior doctor's opinions on these matters. Where can we talk? Canteen or your desk? I will need only 10-15 minutes.

Arshad: Now?

Arjun: We had decided 10am was good for both of us

Arshad: I thought you wanted me at the inauguration at 10am

Arjun: No. We have kept the crowd for the inauguration minimal so as to avoid inconvenience to hospital staff and patients. Only people involved in the making of the new ward have been called. So we sent out very few invites. Sorry.

Arshad: Well Dr. ____ mentioned that the inauguration of the new ward is at 10am so I assumed you wanted me to be here for the event. I called Zoya and Noor also for the event. I was not aware...

Arjun: (cut in angrily) You always assume too much and do not let the other person have his say...

Zoya: (shocked) Arjun! (she put a restraining hand on his arm to calm him down)

Arjun did not seem to regret his words but nevertheless apologized, clearly only for Zoya. Anjana despised the power both sisters had over her sons.

Arjun: Sorry!

Zoya: It is alright. No worries. Noor and I will spend some time with Chintu. We understand you want to keep the numbers down. (she made to leave with Noor)

Arjun: I was trying to contact you and Noor and invite both of you. You have contributed to the new wing. You were on the list of guests. Before that you were in list of organizers and volunteers for the event. But you have either blocked me or not got my text messages for last few days.

Zoya remembered blocking both Aditya and Arjun and then unblocking only Aditya. She had forgotten to unblock Arjun. Arjun could have called but she did not want to argue with him. He seemed to be in a foul mood and she may have missed or avoided his call. Last few days she hadn't been herself. And Noor. Well! She must have ignored or deleted his texts without reading.

Zoya: It is okay. Your father invited us.

Arjun: (looked shocked) Dad! Dad invited you.

Just then Harsh called Anjana ahead to cut the ribbon. Anjana when passing their group herded all 4 of them ahead.