A new start

A little girl no older than seven  dragged her feet as she walked. A long ripped black shirt adorned her small body. Her blonde hair was over grown and choppy, and her sea foam eyes were dark and dull. Cuts and bruises adorned her body. Her head hung down and her breaths were silent and slow.

"Anna! You have another job" a loud voice boomed. The girl -Anna- flinched at the loud voice. She merely nodded her head. Her chains rattled as she readjusted herself. She dare not make any larger movements.

"You will accompany Muk to a village. You are to help him wipe it off the map" Anna shivered. All she could do was obey. Muk was coming with her and she was terrified of him. He was the one who...  she shook her head. She didn't want to remember then.

A large troll like man grabbed Anna's arms and dragged her out of the dark room. She never liked the main hall. It was dark and creepy. Cracks covered the walls and in those cracks were various types of spiders. The only light in the room was from a large hole in the roof. The room was completely empty except for a few slabs of stone and a large fire place. The guild hall she was in sat on the ruins of an older guild that these people had destroyed.

Anna was pushed out of the hall and outside. Her feet ached from the numerous injuries that have been inflicted over time and never had time to heal. The girl tripped but managed to regain her footing. She was pushed to the ground by the large hands that had dragged her out of her cell. Muk put a human muzzle on her and kicked the middle of her back. Anna cried out in pain before getting hit again for making noise. A series of cracks and cries came from her as she took a beating from Muk. Within a few seconds white wings were elegantly hanging out of her back. Where the wings came started on her back was dripping blood. Scars were all around that area as well. It was one of her punishments. 

The slightest misstep or noise could cause any one of them to hurt her and they were allowed to do whatever they wanted as long as she was kept alive.

Muk climbed on her back and she took off like a dragon with an unwanted rider. She wobbled a bit in the air as she flew. All the strength in her tiny, starved, beaten body was being used to carry Muk on her back as she flew through the open skies..

Hours passed and she was finally able to land. Anna staggered and she pulled her wings back in as she fell to her knees. Muk pushed her forward and she held her hands out. Tears streamed from her eyes as she spoke.

"Ice make bombs" large pieces of ice were made in the sky forming a circle around the village.

"I'm sorry" she pleaded as she brought her hands down. She committed yet another unforgivable act.

But this will be her last. With renewed determination she clenched her fists to gather her strength. She would kill him or die trying. 

"Ice make katana" Anna whispered under her breath and hid the sword from view. She turned around in rage and stabbed Muk in the stomach. The problem was Muk caught the blade. His face darkened and he used his magic to punch Anna's hands, breaking them. He grabbed Anna by the hair and threw her into one of the destroyed houses. Anna got up and held her stomach. Muk's magic had nothing to do with his strength; he had the ability to teleport. Even so his punches hurt really bad becasue of the iron gloves he wears. 

The brown-haired man stomped over to the little girl and grabbed a chunk of her blond hair. 

"You'll pay for that!" He snarled. Muk activated his magic and in an instant they were back at the guild hall. She kicked and screamed as he dragged her through the building and down tot he basement by her hair. 

Torture devises like knives, saws, deadly looking wheels, spikes that came out of the floor, and even iron knuckles with nails  lined the floors and walls and a large  furnace sat in the corner. Muk slammed the doors open and there Anna inside. She yelled until she couldn't, but no one that cared enough to help heard them.

Hours passed and Anna was finally back in her own room, well cage. Her room was more like prison cell than a room. It was stone on three sides and the front was made of steal bars. The floor was layered with hay and a small blanket was what she used as a bed. It was all she was allowed.

Anna crawled over to her sleeping corner and curled up into a little ball. Her back was dripping blood and pooled and stained her blanket. They cut off her wings again. They loved to do that. Her wings always came back but  each time they were a little weaker. This time they had gone further than they ever had. They carved out one of her eyes and the other was burned leaving the Shadow Blood guild mark seared into her eye.

She silently cried to herself until she passed out of blood loss. Little did she know what she would wake up to.

Light hit the lids of Anna's eyes. She slowly opened them but winced when she felt her one eye gone. Her breaths came out and fast pants and panic rose in her chest. Her hands were raised to her face and she began clawing at her missing eye. She started to become hysterical. Screams and cries echoed throughout the area. The little girl began thrashing around frantically as she gripped her face. Blood dripped down her pale skin from the empty eye socket.

A chant of no's came out of her mouth in between her screams. Her voice cracked and shook with hysteria and sobs. Black scales began to crawl up her face and arms. Her teeth grew longer and stabbed into Anna's lip. Her skin began to burn as if she was being burned from the inside out. 

Then her world went black.