Haunted Past

Shackles clinked and clanked, making noise. The person entrapped in those shackles shook in fear. It was dark, cold, and scary. She had tried to get out multiple times making her wrists, neck, and ankles bleed. She was tired and hungry.

The door creaked as it opened and made a loud noise as it sacked into the wall behind it. Anna looked up wearily. No one had come for days. The silhouette threw something  at her causing Anna to flinch. She looked down using the dim light that the open door provides as a way to see what had hit her. Her eyes widened and she immediately  crouched down ad grabbed for the small piece of bread. She ate it quickly like if she didn't eat it fast enough it'll be taken from her.

"Filthy beast" the silhouette scoffed. Anna looked down. She had never been called that before. The door slammed shut making Anna flinch.

"where are you brother? I hope you're safe" she said dejectedly. Days had passed and it was the same old routine, until one day the silhouette walked up to Anna and removed her shackles. Her small body fell forwards. They did this on purpose. If she was weak and tired she wouldn't be able to make a run for it. It was cruel and effective.

Anna was forced to her feet. When she stepped out of the room the lift blinded her. She screwed her eyes shut. A hand gripped her wrist roughly and tugged her hands behind her back. Her eyes snapped open and a few of the guild members laughed as they walked closer to the shaking little girl with a human muzzle.

After a small struggle and a few punches the muzzle was locked tightly around her face.

"Take your wings our filthy beast" one of the men snarled. Anna, scared for her life, listened. Black wings fluttered our of her back. Gasped were released from some of the guild members mouths.

"She's really a monster" similar mourners followed soon after. Anna looked down at her feet. Tears sprung to her eyes.

Her head was forced back and a leather collar was tightened around her throat.

"Take our your wings" one man demands. Anna stood there shaking. She was to scared to do anything. After an intense beating she let her wings out to protect herself instinctively. The beating stopped.

She was dragged outside. Her wings flapped a few times and she was in the air, but everything was so heavy. The collar around her neck had chains that attacked to a makeshift seat. Anna was being pulled to the ground as she tried to fly.

~~~

Cold. It was so cold. Anna shivered as she stood there in her ripped up black raggedy shirt. The whole village was covered in ice. The guild members went around breaking the ice making the once alive villagers crumble to the ground in pieces. Anna could do nothing but watch.
The mean man- Muk was what the others called him- gripped Anna's disheveled and uneven hair and dragged her towards the frozen villagers. He laughed as he found a little boy her age. Muk made her watch as he killed him.

Anna kicked and punched, flailing around tying to break free. The only things coming out her her mouth being screams of terrors and please to let her free.

One of the guild members had transportation magic. He grabbed Muk and Anna and teleported back to the guild hall. Muk angrily dragged Anna into a scary looking room. Her body touched a cold steel table and Muk strapped her little body down. The little girl was still screaming and tying to break free. Muk snacked Anna before forcing her eye open.

"Filthy beast. As long as you obeyed we weren't going to hurt you too much, but now look what you did" Muk pointed to his face where a small scratch was. Anna's eyes widened in fear.