Dreading This Mission

It had been a few weeks since they returned from the grand magic games. Lucy, Natsu and the others went on a job. Anna was sitting alone eating some turtle cheesecake.

Suddenly the doors burst open. Anna didn't even brother looking up from her cake. She could smell them coming.

"Aye! Natsu wanna go on a mission with me?!" Sting yelled with Rouge fooling quietly. They both seemed to be in a rather happy mood.

Mira smiled and brought her hand up to her cheek.

"Lucy, Gray, Wendy, Carla, Erza, Natsu, and Happy all left for a job a little while ago. From what I heard Lucy was also having some problems with her spirits. I'm pretty sure Yukino went with them." Mira told him. Sting leaned towards in a pout.

"But I really need some more power with me on this mission" Sting complained.

While that whole ordeal was happening Lector and Frocsh found their was over to Anna and Pandora.

"Hey guys!" Lector greeted. Anna waved her fork while Pandora gave them a proper greeting.

"Hello. Sorry about Anna. When she has her cake her won't speak until it's gone. It's the love her of life" Pandora explained. Lector laughed while Frocsh walked over to Anna.

"Can I have some cake?" Frocsh asked innocently with his eyes wide. Anna blushed and held out her dork for Frocsh. He ate the cake off of the fork and chewed happily.

"What about me?" Lector asked. Anna nodded and gave Lector a piece of her cake as well. He didn't have quite the reaction Frocsh did but it seemed he liked it. Pandora leaned away from them.

"I don't see h-" Pandora was interrupted by Anna shoving cake in his mouth. He spit it out and began pawing at his tongue.

"Gross! You know I can't take sweets!" He whined. Anna looked at his blankly before putting more cake in her mouth.

"Anna what about you?" Sting asked

"Anna what about you?" Sting asked. Anna looked at him.

"Me what?" She asked while feeding Frocsh more cake.

"You should come on this mission with me!" Sting declared.

"No" her answer was swift and final.

"But-" Sting tried again.

"No" she answered again before putting cake in her mouth.

"Its not your mission Sting. I'll be there to" Rouge sighed. Anna raised a brow. Rouge was coming? She didn't know why that made her want to go, but she decided she didn't want to think to much about it.

Rouge and Anna made eye contact.

"Sting will buy you cake" Rouge said at last. Anna jumped up.

"What?! No I won't!" With a pout she sat back down.

"We need the help for this mission. Just buy her cake. It's the only way she'll go" Rouge reasoned. For some reason he was hoping that the knowledge of him going would be enough for her to agree. He felt a pang in his heart when she didn't care.

"Fine!" Sting yelled. Anna nodded.

"I need a few things from my house. Fill me in on the way there" she told them.

As they walked through the forest Sting began to talk.

"This mission should be rather easy" Sting began.

"Then why am I here? I work solo" Anna's asked. Sting scratched the back of his head.

"He just wanted an excuse to hang out with Natsu" Rouge explained.

"Again. Why am I here then?" Anna's asked again. Sting looked at Rouge, but the black haired man looked away.

"We told the clients that three wizards would be coming" Sting said nervously.

"Whatever. What is this mission about?" Rouge looked around while Sting and Anna talked.

This area looked familiar to him. After a few minutes he realized why. This was where that small building was. Him and Sting slept there one time. It wasn't much of a house. It had no furniture besides a closet. There wasn't even a roof.

Rouges eyes widened. This wasn't the place he remembered. This was a five story mansion. It was huge.

When Anna walked in she went to her room while Sting and Rouge stared in awe. There was a game room, a large kitchen, a living room, a wall lined with full bookshelves. That was only downstairs. They couldn't imagine how many rooms this place held.

In less than a minute Anna was back downstairs with a small satchel around her shoulder.

"So, What is this mission exactly?" Anna said emotionlessly. It seemed she couldn't even spare glance at the pair. Sting put his hand in his hips and began explaining.

"The villagers put out a request asking us to get rid of the demons that took over their village. The reward is 10,000 jewl." Anna kept her gaze straight. The request sounded familiar. It was most likely posted in Fairy Tail as well.

When they got to the main road Sting and Rouge turned one way while Anna turned the other.

"The train station is this way!" Sting yelled. Anna raised her eyebrow. She let her wings out and hovered over the two. It was no secret that she could use her wings anymore after the grand magic games debacle. Most wizards knew of her wings when they used them to fight the dragons. She has already used her Heaven and Hell dragons slaying magic, her ice make magic, and her Defusing magic. Of corse she used her illusion magic in Edolas but no one saw that. If she met anymore slip she might get killed.

"You have exceeds. Let them help you. When they get tired Pandora will fill in for them, but the village is only and hour or two away when flying" Anna told them before taking off. The two men exchanged looked before asking Frocsh and Lector to carry them. They caught up to Anna in a re minutes. She was flying as slowly as she could.

"They aren't used to carrying us!" Sting yelled. Anna looked back with an unamused face.

"Happy can carry Nastu and me for a few hours." Anna smirked and looked forwards again. She could've swore she hear Lector say something before he flew ahead of her.

"I have to be better then Happy is Sting is going to be the best"

Anna felt a warm feeling in her chest at lease someone has been taking care of Sting while she was gone.

No. She's mad at him. For now at least.