Study Buddy (Luke Hemmings)

Senior Algebra. Period 4. 11:15 AM. Friday

Being a Sophomore in Senior Algebra sucked balls. Literally. Since I was according to the school, "Really Smart" I got put in this class with a bunch of smarter people. That were in my year. And right now...was the most boring part ever. Walking in..having to sit by James Porter. The most annoying, talkative, smartass student in our grade. This kid never stopped talking. Right now he was currently bragging about how he had A plusses in all of his classes as well as being an honors student in them. It. Was. Hell. That's until our teacher walked in. She started blabbering about what we were learning today and I listened. But then a couple of words came out of her mouth.

"So. We're also getting new seats for the rest of the year. Get your stuff and stand in the front of the room. These will also be your study buddies." She told us. I was excited and packed my laptop in the case. I hurried to the front and stood there, as well as the other students.

"James Porter and Morgan Ziggs"
"Barson Clearview and Natasha Rings."
"Meghan Switch and Turner Powers."
"Calum Hood and Michael Clifford."

I saw the 2 boys high-five as they picked their seats. Yes, our Senior Algebra teacher let us do that since she didn't give a crap. She continued naming off names until she got to mine.

"Y/N L/N and Luke Hemmings?" She named. My eyes locked with a boy with a fringe and blue eyes. Heck, what was I saying. Everybody in this school had fringes. Well..except me. I didn't find them that cool. Also my hair didn't work with going straight. I liked my hair being a wavy blondish brown color. I walked over to him.

"So, where do you want to sit?" I asked him. He shrugged and led me to a table near the back. I don't know about you. But I was sure glad didn't have to sit anywhere near James Porter. That dude and I, didn't mix as good partnership. As the class actually started, and the teacher kept on talking, I listened. Again. To know what was going on. But she was throwing SO much detail at us that my head started hurting from the knowledge. I was also just glad I had an A in this class from this blabbering. As the bell started ringing to leave class she yelled over the noise.

"You and your partner will have to work together in any time you have today! Get the assignment done!" She yelled over the excited to get out of this class students.

I packed up and Luke walked over. "Would you um...like to come to my house...or the other way around...the uhm...the..the library?" He asked.

I smiled. "Your house. I'll see you there at about 4:30." I told him, starting to walk out.

"Great...see you there." He said. Also. Forgot to mention. I was the only American out of a school and country filled with Australian's. I headed to Science next. I sat down in the seat next to my friend who was also in Senior Algebra. Lydia Alsea. She got put with a guy named Danny Vans. And guess what...he was also...fringeworthy. Haha...I'm not funny.

"So, ya got put with Hemmo1996?" Another boy who was in our Senior Algebra class, Trey Coxicus said. I slapped his arm lightly.

"Trey. Stop. He didn't do anything to you dude." I told him. He laughed.

"Sorry Y/N. I just can't help myself. It's funny." He told me. I never checked out Luke's YouTube channel. I never really had the time to. But everyone made fun of him for it. And I just...felt bad. Luke was a loud boy but he never said anything to offend anyone. Why do people say rude things to him? I sighed and started listening to the lesson.

House. 3:57 PM. Friday

I walked inside of my room. My mother nor father were home. But I had written a note to them saying I was going to be studying with Luke Hemmings for Senior Algebra. I decided to change out of my school clothes because I didn't really like dressing all professional. It was just really tight clothing and really uncomfortable. I'd rather wear regular clothes..ya know? I changed into this