Slapped {Calquest}

Requested by haileyburrus54! Thanks Hailey!

Waiting for Calum to come home was always the worst part of my night. I hated staying up for however long I had to. Tonight was 12:30. And when he opened the door to our house, he looked tired. He looked at me, rolling his eyes softly, before walking past me.

"Cal. What's been up with you lately?" I asked him. No answer from him. He just went into our bar. "Calum. Answer me Mister." I told him. He shrugged.

"Just been tired lately." He said, pouring in some Jack Daniel's. I crossed my arms, giving him the look.

"And that's why you're drinking alcohol?" I asked him. He shrugged again, drinking the drink. I walked over to him, taking the cup. "This is mine now. You can't have anymore of this." I said.

He looked at me. "Give me that back." He said. Glaring at me. I shook my head. "Nuh-uh." I said. "Hailey....give me that back RIGHT now." He said, louder. I squinted my eyes, shaking my head.

"Why would I want to give you this back when I KNOW you will go back to it again? Calum, this is what you have been doing for the past 2 weeks. You need to stop. Whatever is going on, you can tell me." I told him.

"It's none of your business on what I'm going through. Just give me the damn drink!" He said, coming forward and trying to take it.

"No! And it is my business because I am the birthgiver of your child. We're a family now and I deserve to know what's going on!" I said, yelling back at him.

He came forward again, this time almost taking the cup. I pushed it down and he slapped me instead. His eyes widened and I saw pure shock to his face. I nodded before running up the stairs to get the child.

~

I showed up at Ashton's place within 2 seconds. Since, he and Cal were neighbors. He opened his door, revealing me, a crying mess.

"Oh my gosh! Are you ok? Where's Calum!" He said, bringing me into his arms. I cried there for a bit.

"Calum slapped me..." I told him. He pulled me away from him, confused.

"And why?" He asked. He sat me down, giving me a glass as I explained it to him.

~

"So...you're saying he REACHED for the cup and slapped you then?" He asked. I nodded. "Hailey...he didn't mean to slap you. He was reaching for the cup. He probably meant to get the cup not hurt you." He said. I thought a moment. I guess my anger got the best of me, and made me think other things.

I nodded before saying I was sorry to Ash for coming over here without any notice. He hugged me gently before I walked out, sending myself back to Calum. But not before asking Ashton for advice on him. Of course.