The Sweetest Thing ~Michael Clifford~ {2016} //Part 1//

Flowers. Oh darn how I loved the sweetened, innocent smell of flowers. When they bloomed it was like, the sweetest thing. They were all colorful as well. They could make within the perfect decoration. They could do anything. Well, that didn't involve calm doings. If it was for like...jumping rope or kicking around, that wouldn't we what they were used for. That would be tearing up something that took time to create!

But speaking of which. For me, gardening was a way to take care of all my worries. When I planted or watered my plants...I felt like all my problems were being taken care of within the palm of nature. Some people called me the goddess of gardening. Though, I'd either laugh and shake my head, or reply with, "I'll leave that with mother nature." As, I figured mother nature wouldn't like for me to take her job.

Walking into the flower shop, for the 3rd time this week, wasn't much of a surprise. I pretty much already knew every flower in every aisle, a lot of the people who came here to buy flowers, I even knew a couple of the workers. I wasn't much of a newcomer here. I had come here everyday since I was a 6th grader in middle school. I was now a 19, turning 20 year old in college. 9 years since I came here. And it was nearly every day.

"Ah. If it isn't Kaya Waters. I figured you would show up." The flower shop owner, Arianne said. She was a sweet old lady who I had known as long as I could remember. Ever since my dad and I would walk in here when I wasn't even in school yet. We had a long history together. She sometimes would treat me as one of her own kids. Which, of course got one of her grandkids in specific, all fired up on me.

Her name was Aleena. And damn did that girl hate me. She was a worker here, helping her Granny around with the shop. By force of course. She didn't really do anything until a hot customer came in. And recently, she was crushing all over this worker, Michael. I never really personally talked to Michael, but we talked once or twice. Maybe three times. I wouldn't lie, he was cute. But I wouldn't have wanted to get Aleena all fired up on me again. Especially when I'd rather steer clear from her way.

I laughed. "I always do Ari." I told her. She smiled kindly. "Do you have any new flowers in today?" I asked her, fidgiting with the bag around my torso. She pursed her lips and stayed quiet for a moment.

"Well, there is one flower." I heard a voice from behind me say. I turned around, seeing Michael. My eyes widened the slightest and I smiled. I tilted my head to the sideways a bit.

"And if you wouldn't mind to tell. What is this flower?" I asked him. He stopped leaning against a registering table and uncrossed his arms. He looked me straight in the eyes before answering.

"Well. This flower is an old one, yes. But it's beauty in none like the rest. Every day it blooms. More extravagant, florrished, and brighter than the others. Compared to the rest, this one takes everyone's breath away. As it's the most sweetest, and more selfless. She doesn't need much water, instead it lets the rest have it. The kindness can't be beat. But the flower doesn't take it as a race. Instead, as a giving." He said. He walked towards me very slowly. I pursed my lips and smiled.

"Oh? Well...If I may ask...do you know where this flower is? I'd love to see it." I told him. He was now in front of me. He smiled and opened his mouth to speak. But that's until someone spoke for him.

"She's right here." I heard. I looked behind him seeing Aleena. Michael looked behind himself and took a breath. "I mean, who else would it be? My beauty can't even BE compared! I'm so glad you spoke of me Mikey Wikey!" She said. Michael turned back towards me as she ran to hug him from behind. Her heels clicking on the gray concrete floor.

Michael's face when she hugged him was too funny. His lips were in a pouty face and he looked up at he sky in an eye roll formation. He looked so annoyed. I quietly laughed.

"Ok Aleena. Get off of Michael. I don't think he likes the attention. Especially from the likes of you." I heard my best friend Danny, the brother of Aleena say. Unlike Aleena, Danny was much more likeable. Well, to me at least. Danny at least had some sense of kindness. Aleena just rolled like, if she liked it. She'd take it. If Danny liked something, he'd leave it be. Why ruin something beautiful?

"Anyways. Before Aleena so rudely cut Michael off. We don't have anything new in today. We'll probably get in new orders tomorrow." Danny said. I smiled and nodded. I walked into the gardens and looked around. I went through the Zinnias and Dahlias. I already had a couple batches of those. I then bit my lip, walking to the Cosmos. I saw a beautiful red one. I smiled and took it, going to he counter. Michael was there today.

"Ah. So you got a Cosmo, huh?" He asked. I nodded and took out my credit card. He looked at me and smiled. "Legends say that Cosmo's havs the meaning of Order and Harmony. That's a perfect choice for you." He said. I felt my face turn red as he smiled at his computer. "That will be...$12.76." He said. I handed him my credit card and he handed me the Cosmos. I smiled once more before thanking him, taking my butt back home.

~~

I was back in my garden. According to critics, I had the best garden in the city. State even. But to me, it was just an escape. Who would want a place full of weeds and only empty grassland? I'd at least have something to calm down with after a days work. And my garden was much like a dream. If you could say. A rather large fountain in the middle, 2 cherry blossom trees, and so many flowers and plants surrounding it. I loved it.

As I bent down to grab my Cosmo, I noticed something I hadn't before. Their was a rose in the soil within the Cosmo. It was wrapped with pink and the rose was a rather noticeable blue color. I smiled and saw a note attached to it.

~try to guess what that flower I was talking about earlier is, princessa~

I smiled and sat the rose down. The entire time I was planting in the Cosmo, I was thinking about what the flower was. Maybe a Globe Amaranth? Or a Peony? I honestly had NO sort of clue. He could be talking about anything. All flowers had their special meanings and ways of beauty, how was this flower any more special than them?

Inside, I read the note over and over. Maybe their was some sort of clue on it? Probably not. I than looked at the Rose. It had a beautiful yellow, pink within the upstanding petals. It looked so calm, and at rest. I smiled slightly. I twirled it in my hand a bit before taking it lightly out of it's wrappings. Its beautiful clear pink plastic coming off.

I set it down lightly before grabbing a clear through, glass vase, filling it with water and setting it in, precisely pleasantly. I slightly smiled. "Why did he give you to me?" I asked out of nowhere. I laid my head on my arms and looked at it. I felt my eyes get heavy before I drifted off into a sleep.

Hey! This is Part 1 of The Sweetest Thing! Thank you to gay-for-fob for giving me such wonderful ideas! All props go to him! Give him a follow! He deserves it! Anyways, I hope you like this chapter, I loved writing it. It had such a...describable way to it I can't describe. And I wrote it! I hope you guys have a nice morning, afternoon, evening, night!