Chapter Four

Taehyung Focus

"Mother, don't worry." A six-year-old Taehyung said. "The doctors will get here soon." Taehyung's mother wiped away a few of her own ears before her son would notice them. "Yes, they will." She said assuringly. "That is what they're trained to do. They help people who need it so that they can stay alive and live a happy life."

Taehyung's eyes flashed with wonder for a moment, then he put on a determined face and touched his mother's arm gently. "Hmm..." He hummed, thinking. "I am not sure what is going on with your arm yet. My colleagues and I will get to the bottom of this soon, but I will need a few more of my tools to do it." Taehyung's mother smiled warmly at the boy. He had always liked to pretend and was very friendly toward everyone.

Taehyung looked out through the window as an ambulance pulled into the front of their home. "See, I told you they would come soon." He said proudly. His mother's smile faltered and she shook her head. "I see that." She said. "Tae honey, will you please go upstairs?" Tae frowned. "Aw, but I wanna help!" He complained. His mother closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them again and smiled.

"Look, if you would like to help, the best way to do that is to stay out of their way so that they can do their job." Taehyung nodded excitedly. "Of course mommy!" He said, and he ran up the stairs to his room and shut the door.

———————————————————————————

Word count is 263 words