Chapter Fifty Nine

Jimin Focus

Things were different after taking care of Taehyung. For the entire day after Hoseok left for his nap, Taehyung slept, woke up from nightmares, we comforted him, tried to avoid the subject of Jungkook, and over all, just tried to keep him busy.

The next day, Hoseok was back. "I want to talk to Yoongi," He had said upon entering. He sounded kind of upset, and his hair was ruffled and messy. He still looked exhausted. Yoongi told me he'd be right back, and after that, I spent most of my time with Taehyung for the rest of the day.

Alone.

Yoongi didn't come back.

I got tired and eventually climbed into bed with Taehyung and we slept, cuddling because we were both worried for the future. I was not going to lie, Taehyung was the best at cuddles. Yoongi was great, but Taehyung was better.

Later that night I woke up with Taehyung missing and sat up straight.

"Tae?" I called out. No answer. I got up and looked around wildly. Where did he go? I wondered. "Tae?" I called out again. Still no answer. I was about to leave for the elevator when the bathroom door opened. Taehyung walked out and sat on the bed, looking at me intently. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, Tae, I thought you left," I said, rubbing my forehead and climbing back into the bed. Taehyung looked down at the floor with a broken look. "Where would I go?" He asked with a small voice. I scooted closer to him and wrapped my arms around him. His small frame was warm despite how cold the room was.

"Tae, do you want to talk?" I asked. He shook his head. "There's nothing to talk about."

"Then let's go back to sleep."

"No."

I looked at Tae and frowned. He further explained himself. "I've already slept through the past two days, Jimin. I can't sleep anymore. It's not like it's easy, anyway. I keep getting nightmares." My arms tightened around him. "Do you want to talk about them?" I asked. "It really helps when you're not the only one with it on your mind."

Taehyung shook his head and buried it into my shoulder. It took me a moment to realize that the shaking was because he was sobbing. I stroked his hair. "I-I-I just wa-ant Jungkook ba-back. I wa-ant to t-tell him abo-out my ni-nightmares." I felt my insides squirm. I really wanted to help him. I wanted to get Jungkook back, but he made us promise not to go after him- for the sake of not putting ourselves back in danger.

"I know, Tae, I know," I tried to comfort him. Stroking his hair and rubbing his back, whispering "It's gonna be okay," into his ear a bunch of times, rocking him back and forth, eventually lulling him to sleep again. Amazed that he found a way to sleep, I laid him down and fell asleep with my arms around him again. When he woke up the next time, he shook me awake too. Hoseok was back, sitting on the chair in the corner of the room. "Finally, you're awake," He said. I frowned, rubbing my forehead and sitting up. "Yeah?" I asked. Hoseok stood up. "You can go now, I can take care of him."

I looked at Taehyung, who just yawned. "Okay," I said. I kissed Taehyung's forehead and stood up, stretching. "How did you sleep?" I asked Hoseok. He shrugged. "I'm in a better mood, if that's what you're asking." I smiled, thinking of seeing Yoongi. "Well, I feel like he wants to get away from bed." I said, pointing to Taehyung, who was still waking up. He nodded slowly. "I want to do something," He said. Hoseok gave him a warm smile. "Then let's go do something," He said excitedly.

They started chatting as I walked into the elevator and went up a few levels. I went straight to Yoongi and Hoseok's dorm. Yoongi had texted me and made sure I knew that he wasn't going to be in the medical wing anymore. Once I reached the dorm, I knocked on the door and Yoongi answered right away. He slouched when he saw me. He was probably worried that someone else would knock on the door.

"You okay?" I asked with a soft tone. Yoongi shook his head and rested it on my shoulder. I stroked his hair for a moment before pushing him up. "Let's go inside," I said. We walked into the room and sat down on Yoongi's bed. "How did Hoseok do?"

Yoongi shifted uncomfortably and hesitated before answering. "He's fine. He slept a lot." He looked down. "That's about all he did," He added quickly. A weird feeling sunk into my stomach but I pushed it aside. "I'm worried about him though," Yoongi admitted. "Jungkook was his little brother and he's probably suffering a lot right now."

"They might not be doing that much to him..." I suggested. Yoongi shot me an unsure look. "He was getting beat up over the phone, unless you think Taehyung was lying. I think he was right about them torturing him."

I looked down at Yoongi's hands, which were nervously playing at the hem of his jacket. I grabbed them and looked at him reassuringly. "It'll be okay."

"How? He's not coming back."

"You don't know that," I said, biting my lip. "He culd make it, maybe."

"He won't. They're not going to lose another prisoner."

"Don't lose hope, Yoongi, he migh-"

"Goddammit, Jimin, he's not coming back! Get that into your thick head!" Yoongi yelled. I flinched. I let go of his hands, not saying anything. I laid down and faed the wall. Yoongi groaned. "I'm sorry, Jimin, I-"

"No, I get it. You don't think he's got a single chance. But just because you don't believe in him doesn't mean Im going to lose all hope." I said darkly, not daring to look at him.

"I-I'm sorry, listen. It's not him I don't believe in. I do, I really do. It's just that I believe in the Tiger gang's skills more."

"Well go ahead. Have fun with that," I said. I got off the bed and started on my way out, but Yoongi grabbed my arm and turned me around to look at him. "J-Jimin, I'm sorry. I-I shouldn't have yelled at you. Please don't leave," His eyes were wide and sparkly, like he was about to cry. Why the hell would he cry? This shouldn't be that big a deal to him, it's just a fight. I stared at Yoongi a moment longer, then sighed. "Okay," I said quietly. "Let's just... not talk about Jungkook."

Yoongi nodded quickly and we walked back to the bed to sit down. He looked uneasy. I frowned. He was in a different mood than the day before and I wanted to know what was going through his head. Something had happened. "Yoongi?" I began. "Are you okay?"

"Huh?" Yoongi blinked and looked away from the floor and at my eyes. "Oh, uh, yeah. I'm fine."

"Did you sleep?"

"Did you just ask me that question? Of course I slept."

"You don't look okay," I pushed. Yoongi sighed. "I dunno," He let out. "I guess I don't feel well." I placed a hand on his forehead. It was warm, but not that warm. "What are we gonna do?" I asked. Yoongi shrugged.

"Hope," He replied. "Hope for the best and try to not let things out of hand."

"D'you think we can just... go back for him?"

Yoongi looked away from me again. "We agreed not to talk about him," He muttered. "Just... go to sleep."

"Only with you."

Yoongi sighed and laid down, holding his arm open for me to snuggle in to. I smiled happily and laid down into it, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

The uneasy feeling in my stomach deepened and I didn't know why. I just went to sleep slowly.

Yoongi was hiding something and I knew it.

Extreme filler lol sorry. Chapter after the next will finally get interesting.